1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

The smartest thing

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by dogangel, Jun 24, 2004.

1. dogangel

dogangel New Member

I stumbled on this joke on the net. It made me chuckle, but then I realized that they ARE that smart!!!! One of my GSDs fo instance knows how to open a shut door. He grabs the the round door knob in his mouth, twists it and ... in we go to chew on mommy's FORBIDDEN slippers!!!

How about your babies? What's the smartest thing they ever done??

A large dog walks into a butcher shop, carrying a purse in its mouth. He puts the purse down and sits in front of the meat case.

"What is it, boy?" the butcher jokingly asks. "Want to buy some meat?"

"Woof!" barks the dog.

"Hmm," says the butcher. "What kind? Liver, bacon, steak..."

"Woof!" interrupts the dog.

"And how much steak? Half a pound, one pound..."

"Woof!" signals the dog.

The amazed butcher wraps up the meat and finds the money in the dog's purse. As the dog leaves, the butcher decides to follow. The dog enters an apartment house, climbs to the third floor, and begins scratching at a door. With that, the door swings open and an angry man starts shouting at the dog.

"Stop!" yells the butcher. "He's the most intelligent animal I've ever seen!"

"Intelligent?" counters the man. "This is the third time this week he's forgotten his key!"

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nala learned how to open the baby gate. It has a hook that goes into an eye screwed into the wall, but it loosened with use. Nala learned that if she nudged it enough, it would pop out and she could nose the gate open and be free to decorate the house with toilet paper.

Jamiya

3. someday

someday New Member

Annie knows I leave for work at 3:15 and put her in her crate everyday...well about 3:00 I heard her making some noise downstairs...so I called her up and put her in her crate and went downstairs to get my keys.... she had hidden them. 10 minutes later, I found them buried in the couch cushions. She's done it a couple times now, luckily, she hasn't changed her hiding spot.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

That was a cute story.
    Princess know how to open the front screen door and she has only been living here a few weeks!
    Now this is funny last weekend we had a BBQ at my house and my
    MEAN DOG HATING mother in-law was here all the dogs had been outside playing swimming in the Pond and of course in the swamp so they of course were very very stinky and wet & muddy well my youngest son left the back screen door open and before I could grab the dogs they were romping through the house and well....My mother in-law was sitting on the couch watching TV cause you know it was just to hot outside for and oh my way to many bugs...Whatever! Anyhow so the dogs ran into the living room and Pinky & Punkin who know they are not allowed on the couch unless invited bounded up on the couch and into my Mother in- laws lap!
    She just about had a heart attack...Remind you the dogs had been in the swamp! Oh man it was so funny! She screamed so loud everyone from outside came running in! I had to excuse myself to the other room because I was about to pee my pants from laughing so hard! My husband scolded the dogs and put them in their crates. If it had been left up to me I would have given them a treat and pat on the head. LOL

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh how funny!!!

Well Charllotte can dress herself! She snoots around in the hamper or whatever is on the floor, and wiggles it over her head.

Smokey, He can open the kennel gates. We keep a padlock on them at all times because of it. He'll jump up and hit the latch....out he goes!

Sassy my mare can open doors. She's also very good with latches. She once let every horse out of the barn! I woke up to 6 horses in my yard!!!!! She decided to let them out and then into the yard!

6. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Great story. Don't want the dogs to read this, though, don't want them to get any ideas.

7. nern

nern New Member

LOL....that was really cute.

8. Jody

Jody New Member

LOL - to cute! Jasper worked out how to unlatch out back gate so her and Miah could go for the daily walks while Dru and I were at work, so after we found that out, we put a solid latch on and she can't get out now!

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

GinaH- you are a cold hearltess women to feel happiness at your poor sweet mother-in-laws pain..... :shock: Yea, right! I knew I liked you!

Whenever we take something away from Sarge that he is not supposed to have, he watches where we put it so that the MINUTE we turn around he goes over and takes it back! I now 456 of the kids toys on the top shelf of my bookcase.