1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

There's something wrong with me cat PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mrs.Jingles, May 30, 2004.

1. Mrs.Jingles

Mrs.Jingles New Member

It has been about 4 months since I have recieved my little cat mrs.jingles. She has been going wild lately and abit out of the ordinary. She has been stroking my leg and moaning for the last 6days I don't know what she wants. I thought at first, that she was bored so I bought her all the toys that I could buy from the pet store down the road, but she is still moaning and stroking my leg sometimes when I pat her and stroke her she turns her bottom towards me..

She moans constantly except for when she sleeps. I don't really let her out because I haven't had the chance to desex her yet. So every now and then I go outside with her to watch her play and eat grass. After she has been inside she settles down near the heater and just sleeps but when she gets up the moaning continues, I have left her out the backyard for over 2 hours but she is still moaning and stroking my leg constantly.

I don't know what she wants I am quite worried about her. She has been really curious about everything that surrounds her. She also sniffs alot of things.. I probably get stroked over 30 times a day :cry: it's not because I am getting annoyed with it stroking and licking me, it's just I am worried maybe it's some mental thing that she is having trouble with or maybe it the totally different matter.

Can you please help me with my problem... Ray from Spearwood W.A

2. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

UM, there is nothing wrong with your cat

she is probably in heat! This behavoir probably won't stop until she is spayed. To put it quite bluntly She is Horny! Don't mean to be crass, but you need to get her spayed.

3. Mrs.Jingles

Mrs.Jingles New Member

My gran thinks that too..

Roughly how much will it cost to get sprayed??
    Thanks for the reply deb

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Welcome to Auspet. :D I agree with Deb2950 that your kitty is in heat. I would call your vet of choice and have her spayed. It's probably not such a good idea to let her outside, because she may become pregnant. Until you get her spayed keep her inside and just be patient with her. She'll be trying to get out and drive you nutty, as she wants to go out and find a male cat.

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

There is a 'sticky post' here about low cost spay and neuter, posted by Nern. You can click on this post. Or you can take her to your local shelter and it's much cheaper. It depends on the country/city, but it's around $45-$60 to get your kitty spayed at these low cost clinics. Some will even do it for free. You just have to check around in your city and see what special prices they offer.

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

the first post is a link to low cost spay/neuter by states...you can find one in your area. And do not let this cat out until she is spayed....please be a part of the solution, not the problem, in regards to the overpopulation of unwanted cats.

And Ms. Jingles will be happier too :y_the_best:

7. Mrs.Jingles

Mrs.Jingles New Member

Yeah she has tried dashing for the fly wire door a few times when we go outside.. and she even gets desprite and tries to climb the door to dislodge the handle.

I have another porblem that we may need to solve. Mrs. Jingles has decided not to use the.. litter box as away of releasing unwanted soilds, so she goes to our shower and releases it there. She has no problem in peeing in the litterbox only has a problem, of doing number 2's.

It's kinda getting fustrating cleaning it up since it is my cat, sometimes I get sick after cleaning it up because it really smells bad.

8. Mrs.Jingles

Mrs.Jingles New Member

Even if Mrs.Jingles was sprayed i don't like the thought of her hanging around with other male cats.. no offence

I have a stray female cat that has a broken tail.. we try to give her food now and then but she seems to not like the thought of us watching her eat. We have tried to catch her so we could take her to the vet but she seems to be uncatchable.

Should I ring someone to help her??[/b]

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

10. Mrs.Jingles

Mrs.Jingles New Member

11. nern

nern New Member

I would contact your local humane society. They may be willing to come out and pick her up or at least loan you a humane trap so you can catch her. Some shelters have trap and release programs...if this stray cat is feral I would see if your local shelter has a program like this