1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

THINK gold fantail is pregnant please help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Goldfishmommi, Mar 17, 2005.

?

What is ur favorite kind of fish

1. Beta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Goldfish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Parhana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Goldfishmommi

Goldfishmommi New Member

I bought a couple of gold fantails and one of them is really really fat and the other is really thin and they said they were about the same age! and they were swimming in a tank with a whole bunch of other fish. But I can't tell their sex having a hard time holding them down!
    PLEASE HELP I'M NOT GOOD WITH FISH

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

can u get any pics of the fish? it could range from being pregnant to being infested with a disease or parasites. as for ym fav. fish, it is neither of those, but if i had to choose it would be piranhas

3. Goldfishmommi

Goldfishmommi New Member

Ya here is a pic

how do I put a pic on

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

u mean u need a place to host a pic? i use photobucket.com its free and easy to use......them all u have to do is copy/paste the part that says "image" and then whole coding onto here.

5. Goldfishmommi

Goldfishmommi New Member

Do U have aim

Do u have aol instant messaging I could send it to u there

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

here are the pics....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Goldfishmommi

Goldfishmommi New Member

Thank u millions for that

Thank u sooo much for doin that now wat do u think the reason is why she's fat

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Looks like a normal fancy tail to me. They usually have big stomachs like that. My fav fish is cichlids

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Looks pretty normal to me. Fantails are generally fat & round, that's just their body shape. As long as the scales don't start sticking out like a pinecone and the fish is acting fine, I wouldn't worry too much.

I do recommend feeding a few shelled peas (one or two per fish) once a week. Goldfish are prone to constipation and peas are a natural laxative. Just take a few frozen peas, nuke them for a few seconds in the microwave to thaw them, remove the shells, and feed the inside part to the fish..

-Chelle

10. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Yep.

As for my fav. It was for sure Goldfish.
    Although they do get sick alot, they propubly have the most personality out of all the other fish.

No offence!

Just my oppinion :m16: :m16:

11. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi Goldfishmommi, You can correct me if I'm wrong but the first two pictures actually look like Orandas to me. In the second picture I can't tell if that is two spots of Ich on the dorsal fin or if that is actually on the glass. Other than that they look perfectly healthy.