1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

This is an embarassing question...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by DebbieH, Aug 17, 2004.

1. DebbieH

DebbieH New Member

Hi there everybody - just found your forum and would really like an answer to this question.
    I have to male cats 1 yr and half and 2 years old. They were both fixed as soon as the vet was willing to do so. They are best friends, very affectioniate etc etc.

I swear this is not a profane post!
    Sometimes the younger one makes a certain yowl and I can be certain when I turn around that he will be trying to climb on the other (disinterested) one and he is - this is as specific as I care to get - noticeably horny.

He has never sprayed the house, but did the vet mess up? Is this normal? Is this puberty? Is he just gay?

Please advise - after you stop laughing. :)

Thanks,

Debbie

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Hi DebbieH and welcome to the forums! Sorry I don't have any advice, I've only ever had female cats, but I'm sure someone will pipe in soon. Good luck, and post some pictures (not of the actual humping though)!

3. nern

nern New Member

Welcome to the forum! :D
    Humping does not always have sexual intent.....it is also a dominance behavior in cats and dogs. I have seen this in my spayed/neutered cats as well and although its usually my males doing this to my female siamese x I have also seen 2 of my males do this to my smallest male.

4. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

my dog jack was neutered at 5 months of age and he has some kind of thing for pillows! Every chance he gets he is going to town with one!

5. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

I have a 14 yr. old male cat, Cubby, that will take clothing (usually sweatshirts or towels) and drag them clear across the house. As he does this he meowmoans and stops occasionally to knead the clothes. He usually does this under the dark of night when he thinks everyone is asleep. I catch him every once in a while but I know he does it fairly often because I find clothes 4 rooms away a few times a week.

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I either need to start wearing my glasses at the computer or get my mind out of the gutter. At first glance, I thought your kitty's name was CHUBBY. I literally had to look twice! LOL

7. DebbieH

DebbieH New Member

Thanks for all the answers you guys - I guess I have nothing to worry about since I'm not the only one with this situation.
    I think it more likely he's horny like Cubby than trying to show American mutt dominance over Tobey the bossy Peterbald...but who knows...

I will post pictures when I manage to get my digital camera working...

Does anybody else have a Peterbald?

Talk to y'all later...

8. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I was just researching Peterbalds today! I don't know anyone here who has one, but sphynxluver has 3 sphynxes.

9. acatnut

acatnut New Member

Yaaano~
    I had a cat that acquired me when he was very old...not many teeth left, but had the biggest heart in the world. He had an odd habit, just like WTpooh's cat....going after inanimate objects. His love interest was a faux lambskin fabric. He was almost always sure to embarrass me when company came over. I have a little boy now (he's the youngest, but he must be at least 10 years old) that goes after one of my other boy cats. Go figure! I'm sure it IS a dominance thang....