1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

This might be a stupid question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by GodsChld, May 11, 2005.

1. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

So i was thinking of unique things to put in the tank.....and i worry that lots of things are not safe.....for instance iron city beer came out with aluminum cans.....i was thinking those but oxidation could get ugly......so let me know if anyoone has ever done this.....i was thinking of putting empty booze bottles in the bottom of the tank.....now if these are cleaned very well, do we think they would hurt anything????

2. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

no, this wont hurt the fish (Bottle), i have 2 in there. piece of advice; use hot water and scrub the lable off really good. seccond piece of advice; put the bottle underwater with the lid off untill it fills up totally then screw the lid on. it would be a bad idea to leave the lid off because theres no current going into it and hte water will beome distilled.

3. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

so it might be a good idea to change the water in the bottles when i do a water change in the tank every week???

what bottles do you have in yours

i have 3 vodka bottles....and the tops are cork on two of them....dont know about cork being a prob either!?!?

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

thats exactly what i did. i have a jack daniels bottle in there filled with some weird jelly crystal things that grow when water is added