1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

throw some ideas at me

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Molly thought she had a UTI - all the classic symptons. Drinking tons of water, licking herself, peeing a lot/leaking.
    Week of Clavamox and still continued. All that did was make her sick.
    Took another sample down today and her urinalysis came out right on target.
    Now Friday I have to basically get her to a dehydrated state (24 hours w/out water) so they can check her kidney function and do some bloodwork.
    She's 1-1/2 years old so vet is perplexed as she shouldn't have anything like Cushings. Spay incontinence is a probability but she is still sort of young for that. And the drinking thing.
    The other possiblility is it's a behavior thing. But all weekend and yesterday I have been limiting her water intake. Last night she didn't have any water after 9pm and at 6:30am we got up and she was soaked and had to pee.
    Anyone have any ideas?

2. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

yeah that is one of the things they are checking Friday - oh I hope not.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Diabetes was my first guess as well. I'm a hypoglycemic, so I know all well what the symptoms are like, I don't know if its true for dogs or not, but diet is usually the key...

5. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

I had a Staffy named Storm that had all those symptoms and we messed with it for over a year. Turned out to be a tumor in her bladder that was not operable. We ended up having to put her down over it.

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

This is a perplexing one, I would think with diabetes, she would be losing weight and not licking herself.

I hope you get some answers soon

7. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/symptoms-w ... page1.aspx

Above is a great link about pet symptoms.

Please don't panic and guess. That is the worse thing you can do because you think it could be this and that and get yourself worked up and your dog too.
    Its probably nothing to worry about.

My thoughts and prayers are with the both of you now.

Just wait until the vet has something solid to tell you.

I just went through a major fear factor last week with Cairo. He had acute pancreatitis. I thought he was going to die. He pulled through and is now doing well.
    I got myself sick with panic.
    I know how much easier it is to say this to someone else but we are here for you!!
    Sue

8. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Mary..........How's Molly??? :?: :?:

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

think I narrowed it down - her food was on the recall list.
    IT has been returned and I stopped feeding it Saturday night. Swapped for Chicken Soup
    I have to call the vet then they open in 2 minutes to let them know that could be it I understand one of the symptoms for this is excessive thirst.
    They did put her on Proin which helped but if not taken out frequently she still wets.
    I think it was the food

10. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Thats scary. Hope all is well.
    What type of food were you giving her that was recalled?
    There were so many on the list. I am afraid that the list will keep growing too.
    I changed my wet food to home-made. I can't take any chances with the number of animals I have.
    Especially since Cairo is on a strict diet now.
    Hope Molly is back to normal soon.
    Glad you caught the problem as well.

11. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Molly ate the Nutro Natrual chunky Chicken/Rice dinner.