1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

throw up

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Rene, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

i need some advice please Sebastain threw up this morning and it was a yellow fomy stuff and just a little bit he wouldnt eat breakfast this morning and didnt go outside with me but when i went in to wake up my son sebastain went also (like normal) and woke up my son with kiss's (like normal) then he hauled butt in my room and i turned around to pet him and he almost ran under my bed he was sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed so i petted him and was talking to him he took off behind my bed and i saw a piece of poop where he had been so i looked behind my bed and called him he just sat there i had to go back in my sons room to get him up again and sebastian came out the other side of my bed and i opened the slider for him and he ran out hecka fast i didnt find anymore poop so i guess he was trying to hold it or something. Should i be supper concerned about the yellow foamy puke??? he is 2 years old has all his shots takes a monthly worming pill the only 2 things different were my vet ran out of frontline so he has not had that this month and he did have a skin infection and was taking chefa drops and something eles i cant remeber but it made him tired but he has not taken that for 2 weeks we finished it.

the first thing that poped in my head when i saw yellow fomay puke was oh my god PARVO but he is up to date with everything. I can't take him to the vet today cuz i had to leave work early yesterday (my mom broke her ribs coughing) but mom is home so i will call her later and see how he is doing.

sorry so long what do you thinK

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

mine have thrown up occasionaly just like that and were fine the next day. I would keep an eye en him and if it contnues take him to the vet,

honeybear

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

My Molly has thrown up yellow foamy stuff once before, but because she was still very active and eating I wasn't overly concerned. She hasn't done it since so I think it was just from eating grass etc.

As always, I would call the vet, just to let them know. They ask you a bunch of questions and probably tell you to just watch him for a few days to see if any other symptoms start.

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi it sounds like he has acid build up this is normal it happens to alot of dogs aslong as he has not eaten or drinken anything poisonous he should be fine.
    Keep giving him water i find warm water is best and they usually fine within a few hours or the next day, also giving him bread with nothing on it will help thats if he will eat it.

Keep us posted of his progress.

Mike

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Sounds like empty tummy to me. Usually yellow means bile, which is what is in their tummies when empty. Doesn't sound like cause for concern to me.

Why do you worm him every month?

6. Rene

Rene New Member

Jamiya i'm not real sure i will ask but the last time i was at the vet she had me buy some pills now that is think about it i think its for heart worms or something i think it is called intercepter?? i will look when i go home

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Ahh, yes Interceptor is heartworm medication that also protects against various other worms. I was picturing the puppy wormer stuff and thought that sounded a bit excessive. :)

8. Rene

Rene New Member

i just called home and my mom said he is doing fine that there was a cat sitting on my porch and sebastain was having a cow barking like crazy so i guess he is ok thank goodness. I'm not real sure how much dinner he ate last night my little dogs are so spoiled if i dont stand by them they dont eat and i didnt have much time to stand around last night i would assume that if they were hungry they would eat but sometimes they dont.