1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Tiger Barb.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Aug 29, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Well as most of you know i have a tiger barb in my 29 gal that i am treating for ripped fins, though he seems to be acting weird. When he is breathing, he wont close his mouth, he is just keeping it open and will only close it when he has to swollow the food. whats with this?

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Thats wat my barb did, the small one after hes fines were ripped. He disappeared a little after.. Once again i cleaned the tank and he was no where to be found MIA :cry:

3. OneWolvesDream

Thats really odd, mine is by the plants in there. I'm really worried about him cause he is so sweet for a tiger barb, he wont toutch any other fish.

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

mmmmhhhmmmm

5. OneWolvesDream

Well the fins are badly nipped so im treating him for that and he is swimming around and eating. so any ideas of what this is?

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your water parameters?

-Chelle

7. OneWolvesDream

29 gal, ph:perfict, ammonia:0

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I hear that some fish gasp when their is a lack of oxygen in the water.

9. OneWolvesDream

i have an airator and 2 plants in there.

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your nitrItes & nitrAtes? High nitrItes decreases the blood's ability to carry oxygen.

-Chelle

11. OneWolvesDream

Im still trying to get one of those testers, but my parents have to buy them and so far there is no chance.

12. Hooben

Hooben New Member

You say that you have one tiger barb. The last time I saw a tiger barb alone, it was a sad...sad fish. They are dumb, slow and nervous when they are alone. Put them in a school and they become quick, agile and hungry.
    Your tiger will even get picked on when alone in a tank.
    Hope that helps.

13. OneWolvesDream

my fish dnt go near my tiger barb. and my tiger barb is scared to death of other tiger barbs because of his near to death thing with my othr tiger barb.