1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

to vet or not to vet?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by smileywaveygirl, Mar 31, 2005.

1. smileywaveygirl

smileywaveygirl New Member

my cat is limping quite badly today, its her back left foot. i looked at it and couldnt see any thorns or anything. it looks bad when she's limping but she wasnt too bad when i was looking at her foot, and she usually doesnt like her back feet being touched. but it does look like she's in pain when she's walking, and she tries not to put much weight on it when she's sitting either. Should i take her to the vet or just leave it for a bit and watch her and see if it improves?

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

You should take her to the vet, it could be anything from a pulled muscle to a fracture, could even be her hip. Better to be on the safe side.

3. luna

luna New Member

vet, definatly vet.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Yes, please take her to the vet. Let us know what the vet found was the cause.

5. smileywaveygirl

my dad found out that she's got a cut on her leg, not bad, clean cut. she's walking much better now. she favours the other leg but its not really a limp anymore.

cheers anywayz :)

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Do keep an eye on the cut and make sure it does not get infected. It sounds like your kitty is feeling a lot better. I'm just glad it was not serious.

7. luna

luna New Member

i know someone whos dog died from an infected cut, don't let it get infected! hope your furball gets all better quick

8. smileywaveygirl

she's walking fine now. her cut's healed and she's all better and back to being the loveable monster she is! heh. thanks for all your help :)