1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Toby has a cold?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Weeble, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Weeble

Weeble New Member

Our 10-month-old Pekapoo has been snortling and sniffling for a week and a half now. We're assuming it's a puppy cold that needs to run its course, but is there a point at which we should take him to the vet? We don't have a thermometer and I seriously doubt the little bugger would let us use it if we did, but he doesn't seem warmer than normal. He has no other symptoms except being somewhat less exuberant than usual, but still plays and romps when coaxed, and is eating and eliminating at the regular rate. It has also crossed our minds that it could be allergies, especially after I opened the door this morning and provoked a sneezing frenzy. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Its been going on for a little too long (just my opinion), I would have the vet check him out. Its great that he is still eating and things seem pretty much normal....has he been coughing at all? Is there any green discharge from the nose or eyes or is it just watery? Is he a short nosed breed like a Peke or longer nosed? The short noses sometimes do sniffle and snort, just the way the airway system is and it could actually be 'normal' for this particular dog, this is usually not noticed in younger pups but can become a 'problem' as the dog gets older.....best way to find out is to have a vet take look though.

3. Weeble

Weeble New Member

Thanks, DeLaUK. The discharge is clear and watery. I did call the vet and they said it sounds like allergies and he didn't need to be seen at this point, and when we went for a walk he sneezed almost the whole time we were out (which wasn't long, under the circumstances!), then came in and tried to bury his poor little face in the carpet. We've got the autumn leaf drop going on here so now I'm guessing that's the culprit--if it goes on much longer we'll see about getting him some medication to make him more comfortable. I did a little reading on-line about allergies and saw what some poor dogs experience with the skin problems--and I'm grateful he's not having to go through that, at least. Thanks again for your help!

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Good luck with him, hopefully if it is allergies you can get it under control pretty easy..