1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Toilet Obsessions

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by RottieZeus, Apr 11, 2004.

1. RottieZeus

RottieZeus New Member

Does anyone else have a cat with a toilet obsession, or do I just have an abnormaly wierd cat?? Grendal is one of those cats that are famous for following you to the bathroom. Unfortunately, he can get the doors open in this house. Well, everytime I go to the bathroom he HAS to watch the toilet flush. It looks cute the way he hangs over the bowl like he's had a drink too many, but it is annoying. He is not a social cat and never wants anything to do with anyone, even me, unless they are in the bathroom. The only place I have seen him bathing himself is in the bathtub, I have also discovered that he thinks there is something living down the drain..LOL.. I sometimes catch him with his front leg in it up to his elbow.

2. KarleySimon

KarleySimon New Member

LOL...Everytime anyone (including guest) go to the bathroom,there are to kitties right in there with them. It is so funny my kitties do the same thing. Karley and Simon even sit in between the shower cutains while I am getting a shower.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi RottieZeus. Every cat I have had has always liked the bathroom, regardless if anyone is in there or not. I think because of all the tile it's a nice cool place for them. Last night Handsome was trying to flush the toilet on his own! Oh, and he also likes to hang out in the shower (when no water is running), because again It's a cool place to rest.

4. mazyku

mazyku New Member

Hi! My oldest cat does the same thing. It started out with her watching the toilet flush but now we have to keep the seat lid down because she likes to drink the water. I think she like the cold water because we now have the new type of refrig that has ice cubes and cold water places and she will sit there and look up at it until someone refills her water bowl with cool water. But before she will drink she has to watch the water move in the bowl. It is so funny to watch her. She also like to watch the water drip down the wall after someone showers. We never have a dull moment with her. :p

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

when Zeus hears the toilet flushing he bangs on the door till he gets let in and then he flies to the toilet and hangs over it to watch the water swirl around in the bowl....very embarrassing when we have company

6. nern

nern New Member

LOL. Chieve flushed the toliet the other day when I was getting ready for work! He had such a frightened look on his face as he ran out of the bathroom checking behind him to make sure the toilet was'nt coming after him.....a few minutes later he came back cautiously to investigate. :mrgreen:

7. joev3486

joev3486 New Member

One of our cats actually splashes water in the toilet. We now have to remember to keep the cover down or she will jump in your lap with wet paws. I'll have to get a picture of it sometimes. :lol:

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

All but one of my cats likes following people into the bathroom, although they couldn't care less about the toilet. Emily, however has a toe fetish. She absolutely loves to lick & nibble on toes, especially if they're fresh out of the shower. She has actually chased me down the hallway to get to my toes. She'll look at your feet, let out a funny little meow or two, then go running after your toes.

-Chelle

9. footsie

footsie New Member

Thats so funny!

Footsie will follow me in every time but he runs away when it gets flushed, and also runs away whenever it makes that running noise on its own. I think he's afraid of it becuase of something that happened when he was a very small kitten and still staying in the bathroom as his safety room at night. The water supply came dislodged from the overflow tube and water was shooting out the back of the toilet (from the tank, not the bowl). He would always cry for a while, so I didn't bother to see what was upsetting him for a good 20 minutes and by that time there was 1/4 inch of water of the floor and my poor kitty was hiding in the bathtub.

10. halaroo

halaroo New Member

My cat is obsessed with the bathroom too. Everytime I go into my master bathroom she comes running. She sits in the bathtub until I turn the water on for her. I swear she drinks more out of the bathtub than out of her water dish! If I make it into the bathroom before she gets upstairs I always find her waiting patiently outside the door.

I've had to start leaving toilet seats closed because she used to prop herself up on all fours and sick her head in the toilet to drink. It was actually quite the sight. I wish I'd taken a picture.

11. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Halaroo. Your kitty may like those kitty fountains made especially for cats to drink out of. Cats love to drink from running water. I have no idea why, but they do. There are a bunch of different ones and they vary in price from $20-$60.

12. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Emily is the same way. Our tub faucet leaks a little bit so Emily will drink from it. It's pretty common to have her walk into the living room with the top of her head soaking wet.

-Chelle