1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

toilet training cats ?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by eman, Apr 29, 2008.

1. eman

eman New Member

Has anyone thought about toilet training their cats?
    after reading about it, i really liked the idea. soooo i started toilet training Max and Mini about 4 weeks ago using the "Litter Kwitter". There were times where i thought it will never work and i almost gave up. Well now both cats are almost trained. I bought the Litter Kwitter on ebay but here is the actual website http://www.litterkwitter.com/en/index.php
    In a week or so they should be fully toilet trained. They are now in the green "last" stage. I am really excited and cant believe it because i thought it would take longer for them to learn.
    All i do now is flush the toilet when i see they did something in there. no more scooping stinky litter boxes or buying litter. :D
    just thought i would share 8)

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

That's great! A friend of mine started toilet training her cat when he was a kitten and it went really well. Then he developed bowel problems so they found it easier to go back to the litter box. Good for you though!

3. Chezza

Chezza New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT ONE lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I've heard about it and think that it is a great idea!!! I'm glad that it's working for you... :eek:

5. Bente

Bente New Member

Wow, it looks genious! :shock: :D Maybe I should look into it. Kyrre's litterbox is taking up alot of space now that we have moved to a smaller apartment.

Does Max and Mini seem happy with their new toilet? And was it alot of mess to begin with? (pee on the toilet seat etc.?)

6. vene

vene New Member

That's amazing! You are doing a great job training Max and Mini. :eek:

7. eman

eman New Member

Thanks :) Max and Mini are ok with it. they are still getting used to the idea. so they dont go right away..they jump onto the toilet seat then they go back to the floor and then jump up again back and forth and then do it. They have never had accidents where they did it on the seat or on the floor. I think it is cat's nature to aim in the hole. But once i saw pee on a blanket that was on the floor. I am still not sure which cat did it and why. It was when i first started training so maybe they didnt see the litter box and got confused. so i removed anything soft that was on the floor. and had to close all bedroom doors (cuz they have carpet) until I saw them go on the toilet for few days. Lowering the level of the water in the toilet bowl helped alot because they dont like it when it splashes back at them.
    One more thing was i stopped letting the cats out until they got used to the idea because I noticed that Max would go out and start digging outside to do it there. So i had to wait every morning for them to go on the toilet before letting them out. Which they understand now because Mini would meow at the door to get out..then she would go back and poop in the toilet then run back to the door.

8. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Cats are very smart and very clean animals. As long as you are patient and keep to it they will learn. I tried it once and it didn't work with Patches mainly because the product was kinda flimsy and she didn't feel secure. Otherwise I'm sure it would have worked.

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I have thought about it but having fosters in the house my cats would simply end up using the foster litterbox.
    And my dog drinks out of the toilet whenever the lid is up :roll: so I'm pretty sure she'd be fishing for chunks :|

10. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Oh yea that would be gross!!!! :|

11. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Mary :lol: :lol:

12. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That's great eman. Any chance we could get some pics of them on the toilet?

13. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

:eek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

14. eman

eman New Member

15. vene

vene New Member

Max is so cool. [​IMG]

16. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I watched the video last night that's great!!! Very smart fur baby!!!

17. Bente

Bente New Member

Way to go Max! :eek: :mrgreen:

18. Chezza

Chezza New Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY !!! Max...
    What A Champ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WOHHOO...Go MAX :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: