1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Too much deworming medication for my 6wk old puppy HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by kbrussell1263, Apr 10, 2008.

1. kbrussell1263

kbrussell1263 New Member

I have a 6 week old beagle puppy. My dad gave her some deworming medication about a week ago. He gave her more than she needed and she has been sick ever since. She weighs about 2 lbs or less. She has no energy and she acts like her back legs aren't working as well as the others. All she does is sleep all day long. She drinks water but not much and she only eats a few bites of food a day. Before the deworming she was eating fine. She drank a little bit of milk earlier today but other than that she hasn't had anything. I don't know what to do. Please somebody help me I don't want her to die but I can't afford to take her to the vet. Thanks!!!

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Has she got diarrhea or vomiting because With tiny puppies, even a short time having diarrhea can be devastating. They can dehydrate very quickly. Make sure she is drinking a lot of water, even if its with a syringe..

A week is a long time to be allowing her to be sick, please take her to a vet, can you borrow some money from someone??? To help her.. Or even take her to a local shelter of RSPCS or something, please...

I'm not being hard here but when you get an animal you have to ask yourself if something goes wrong can I afford to pay vet expenses??
    :? Ring your local vet and ask what you may be able to do??
    Some vets let you pay things off..

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I am with Chezza you have a responsibility as a pet owner to take her to a vet..... If that was your child would you wait???? a animal is no different... Sorry if that's rude of me to say but they are a living breathing being that if they are in need of a medical professional you make it happen.
    That is way too long to let it go. They get dehydrated soooo fast give water with a syringe if you have to. I've had to do this numerous times with my guys I've even done it with moist food. What ever it takes. bottom line take her to a vet before it is too late. My dog had to spend 3 days in the ER because of Addison's Disease....... I didn't have the $3 grand to pay for that.... but they put me on a payment plan. They want the best for the animal.
    please.... call the vet....
    good luck we just want to help you and your baby.....

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

How is your puppy kbrussell1263, I hope that she has recovered and go the medical attention required..
    Hope alls well with you and her.