1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Tributes for lost cats

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by dolly, May 20, 2004.

1. dolly

dolly New Member

I was thinking that it might be a nice idea to post tributes to our dearly departed kitties. It seems that a lot of us have lost cats and this might be a way to share what they meant to us and photos. (If this has already been done then I apologize.) Also, if anyone would like to share what they have done to comemmorate their pets, then that might be nice to hear. I, for example, have a locket with my Spooky's hair that I never take off. Thanks. :)

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I keep a picture of Sessy on my refrigerator so I can look at her lovely face as a reminder that my cats will NEVER go outside again.

Then there was my dear sweet Tami (gotta scan a picutre of her) who passed away in her sleep at the age of 16

3. vene

vene New Member

I keep pictures of Pooky in my favorite cat album which I look at frequently.

Vene's pics are everwhere including our computer screen saver. As soon as my bleeding heart plant blooms, it will be moved by her gravesite in our backyard. We talk about her everyday so she is always in our hearts. Here's a pic of her. She looked like an Egyptian princess. She always looked like she's wearing a big and bright necklace with a big jewel and she has a red spot behind her right ear which looked like another jewel for an imaginary tiara. I also painted a pic of her with my 3 other cats on a tile in our friends' pottery store called Different Strokes in Williamsville, NY.

[​IMG]

4. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Vene: You kitty was gorgeous!

Motley is my avatar here. She died in my arms at the vet in 1999 at the age of 9. She had diabetes and her poor body just couldn't take it anymore. I was so happy that I was able to hold her while she died. I have the blanket that she died in (which was also my baby blanket) at the end of my bed. I cuddle it sometimes when I think about her.

Here's another picture of her:
    [​IMG]

5. vene

vene New Member

Thank you Halaroo. I love Motley's eyes! You are blessed to be able to hold Motley at her last moment. Someone (probably the person who ran over Venus) rang my doorbell to notify me of Vene's demise. It was an awful sight which I care not to remember. Vene had blood running out of her mouth and I never got to say good-bye to her. I prefer to remember her as a happy and vibrant and spazzy little girl.

6. russianbluefanatic

russianbluefanatic New Member

[​IMG]
    This is a photo of my precious Jellybean, she was only 3 weeks old when she died, but I loved her dearly and think of her often.
    She was a special kitten, even though she was deformed and the wrong colour ( she was supposed to be solid blue, but was born as a colourpoint russian.) she had severe scoliosis, and her breathing difficulty worsened over time until she stopped eating.
    I had her put to sleep whilst she lay in my hands , then I took her home and buried her under my favourite rose bush.
    When it blooms in spring, I will remember her fondly.

7. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

my poor jason was 15 and when we new it was tting close to his time and were gonna take him to the vet he dissapeared 4 3 days we thought he had ran off to die somewhere and after the 3rd day he came running home from somewheer inmy neighboors backyard that night was horrible when he came home he stunk soo bad some of his teeth had fallen out over the 3 days and his mouth was almost completey sealed shut with sticky stinky crap he looked horrible i got him to drink a lil water but one side of his mouth was sealed and he refused to let me clean around it to get soem of the stuff off so he could drink i got him to eat a lil tuna fish but not much at all and after 3 days i knew he had to of been hungery....but he refused to eat or drink so we knew it was time and first thing in the morning we were taking him down to the vets.. it was the worst night of my life i craied and craied all night long non stop and not one bit of sleep i stayed w/ him in the bathroom as much as i could talking to him (i had him since i was around 5 or soo) and i managed to fall asleep at 5 am that morning and at 7 am my mom came in and told me she thinks jasons waiting 4 me i walked in the bathroom and he was barley hanging on he couldnt move anything other then his front legs he managed to pull himself closer to me and i put him inmy lap and petted him and told him how much i loved him and he was purring his lil heart out and then he just stoped breathing all together and that was it...he was born onmy baby blanket so when we buried him in our backyard that got put in w/ him and he has a rose bush planted on top of his grave cause he loved to smell the roses everyone would say....and a cross in front of that that has his name and his birth date and his parting date... i vist him everyday and have pix everywheer of him....its been 3 years in november that hes been gone and i still miss him to this day

this is jason 2 years b4 he passed
    [​IMG]

this is jason when he was 2 years old

[​IMG]