1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Trying To Feed The Ropefish again...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Well it is 11:00 auspet is mostly dead with no posts. So I am gonna post. I was trying to make a feeding jar for my ropefish when I found a big old glass jar. I put saran wrap over the covering and cut a hole perfect size for the little bugger. Then i put the blooodworms in it and stuck it in the water and aimed it at his little cave hut. Hopefully the bloodworms are gone by tomorrow morning unlike the tubifex worms or I only have 3 ideas left.

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Good luck, keep us updated!

3. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Update:: :x :x :x Will this Ropefish eat anything??? The bloodworms were in the same container this morning molding up. ARG!! Well I am moving this guy to a 10 gallon for the time being to watch his habits and eating style. He won't have to swim around so much for the food.

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

its take them a long time to warm at to there new enviroment and if you move he/she you start it all over again

5. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Would another Ropefish ease him up a bit??

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i don't think so but maybe you could try it if you have enough room for it

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Now, I guess you understand how I felt when I made all those topics and posts about how to make my ropefish eat and I couldn't get an answer that worked.

Welcome to the club.

8. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah I think people that recommend these fish to ANY aquariu hobbyist are ignorant.

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

yes they are a very hard and weird fish

10. Nameless

Nameless New Member

But, I find them to still be one of best fish ever, its just that they aren't for everyone.

11. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Also, in regards to feeding, I noticed that when a drop bloodworms in my and my oscars somehow don't see it and the bloodworm cube drops to the group he will find it and gulp it up. He will only eat food that is on the ground. Maybe it might be the same thing as yours. Good luck.

12. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Well the feeder guppy that was in their for few days finally "disapeared" :lol: :wink:

13. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Oh yeah, when I went to my lfs and asked them what to feed my ropefish, they had no idea what it was to begin with but they were nice.