1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Two events at dog park made me angry.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Is common sense something that no longer exist? Yesterday I witnessed two events that really made me mad. First, I saw a person trying to coax a small to go in the water and the dog was not interested. Finally the woman picked up the dog and heaved it out into the lake. The poor pup swam back but the woman hurled it out again. I have witnessed people doing this to puppys also. Do these people really think this is the way to teach a dog to enjoy the water? When you try to speak to people like this all you get is an idignant rude response.
    The second event was even more disturbing. I saw a couple leaving the park with two Black Labs. A few minutes later I heard a loud whine coming from the parking lot and I saw the couple driving out in a pick up truck with the two dogs loose in the back. Yesterdays temperature was in the mid nineties so that truck bed must have been scalding. I am going to ask the park maintenance if they would create a sign to place at the exit warning people about the possibility of overheated truck beds. I can only hope those two dogs were not severly burned or even worse, jumped out of that truck while it was moving.
    Is this not a common sense issue or do we really have to put up signs warning of the obvious, like the new sign telling people the lakes are for dogs only.

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Common sense is dead. I actively teach my children to use their brains, but apparently we are the odd ones for doing this. Think about it - McDonalds has to have a written warning on their cups that "coffee is hot"?! :shock:

3. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Or what about this warning on those sun screens that you put up in your car's fron windshield to block the sun. "Warning, Do not operrate vehicle with sunscreen in place."

Or this on an iron, "Do not iron garment while wearing." I actually heard that an Astro pitcher did just that and sustained burns on his chest.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LMAO. Morons. :roll:

5. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

One time at our dog park, there were these two teenagers who came with a dog. One of them had to use the bathroom, our dog park doesn't have a ppl bathroom, so they just left for like 30 mins without taking the dog. ? Of course there were people there to watch the dog, but still.

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

BOTH of them left the dog? With strangers?? Holy cow. I could never do that. I'd pee my pants before leaving my dogs. My dogs wouldn't tolerate it anyway. They would freak out and find a way to get to me, resulting in them either being hit by a car or getting lost.

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Haven't seen any puppy tossers near the beach here but up North at the cottage resort where we launch our boat I used to see them all the time.

A few years ago we were coming in to dock our boat and this lady just goes ahead and heaves this little Cocker Spaniel off the end of the dock and he lands right beside our boat (motor still running). So I fish the little guy out (pretty much I stuck my hand down and pulled him into the boat) and we brought him back to shore. Then the lady comes running up and screams that I should have just let him swim back on his own and that she was trying to teach him how to swim :roll: . Well I told her that he wouldn't have been doing any swiming if he had gotten nicked by the motor. The resort owner also witnessed it that day and backed me up and since then there are now signs at both docks and in the swimming area not to throw your dogs in the water.

If she's small enough maybe you should toss her into the lake. See how see likes it :wink:

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL! Lack of common sense requiring yet another silly sign.

I agree!! :eek:

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

now that ticks me off. if I EVER see someone doing that. i'd go balistic!!

here's one for ya...

*Spermacidal jelly, Do not injest!*

A freind of mine read that on a package and just died laughing!!!

Anotherone I laugh at. If you look on the inside of a McDonalds or Burgerking or Jack in the Box wraper that your burger comes in... it has step by step illustrated drawings on how to make the burger!!! And yet, somehow the STILL get it wrong EVERY TIME!!!!

10. nern

nern New Member

How frustrating.
    I'm getting a mental image of the gate to the dog park being loaded with so many "common sense" signs that you can barely see through it. LOL.

11. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

i see people doing that at the beach all the time. it makes me so angry. they drag their dogs into the water and the poor thing is using every ounce of energy it has to get away. then they just pick them up and dump them in there. dont they realise that if they leave them alone they will probably just go in after another dog or something. and even if they never end up going in the water then so be it.

12. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Cant think of any 'warning labels' on products that really shouldnt need them but I just thought about a sign in a hair salon window I saw years ago....."Ears Pierced While U Wait" :shock: ....Id never thought of dropping my ears off and picking them up later......

13. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

Oh my! That is awful!!! Why do people even invest time, money, love, etc into a dog if they are going to treat the like that?? So sad. Poor doggies :cry:

14. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I can't imagine that tossing a reluctant dog into the water is going to make it enjoy swimming. I wish my dogs liked to swim, but they don't. They do like to wade, at least.

The only time I have tried to chuck Nala in the water was at a really hot agility trial and I was trying to cool her down. I tried the hose but she was scared and going to amputate my arm, so I picked her up and tried to drop her in a large tub of water. She somehow managed to shoot straight out without getting wet. The second try was a bit more successful but a LOT harder since she knew what was coming, LOL.

But I was just trying to cool her off. We have since worked on the water issues so I am able to wet her down if necessary. :)

15. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Only to further prove the point that there is not common sense in this world.

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while

sleeping. ( and that's the only time

I have to work on my hair)

On a bag of Fritos: ..You could be a

winner! No purchase necessary.Details

inside. (the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions:

Use like regular soap." (and that would

be how???....)

On some Swanson frozen dinners:

"Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's

"just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on

bottom): "Do not turn upside down."

(well...duh, a bit late, huh)!

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????...)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do

not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me more time)?

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine:"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May

cause drowsiness." (and...I'm taking this because???....)

On most brands of Christmas lights:

"For indoor or outdoor use only." (as

opposed to...what)?

On a Japanese food processor: "Not

to be used for the other use." (now,

somebody out there, help me on this. I'm

a bit curious.)

On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts:

"Instructions: Open packet, eat

nuts." (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume:

"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." (I don't blame the company.

I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw:"Do not

attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (..was there a lot of

this happening somewhere?)

16. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

HAHAHAHAHA!! :m39:

Thanks for that. I needed it!

17. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: funny.....

18. honeybears

honeybears New Member

ahhh horsechild, you made my day

19. CatDogMom

CatDogMom New Member

kisses and kudos to horsechild

I was laughing so hard that both dogs CAME UP STAIRS from the living room to see what was wrong with me. They have just licked the tears off my cheeks and settled down into the studio because they are unsure whether I will have another fit.

THANK YOU.

20. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Don't you love how dogs are so concerned about your mental state and take care of you? I know I do.