1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Two Gerbils..?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by RawrrFood, Aug 25, 2004.

1. RawrrFood

RawrrFood New Member

Hey.. it's me again. Two people replied to my question; if two male gerbils in the same cage would be alright. They replied with, "if they're at a young age".. but i've had just one for almost a year and want to get another one. Would this still work, even though the one i have is almost 11 months old? :-s

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

I dont think that is such a great idea. When you want to get two together it is best for them to be in the same batch and be bought at the same time.

3. RawrrFood

RawrrFood New Member

thanks. i guess i'll have to try two the next time around. hopefully, that's a long time from now. by the way, my gerbil's name's Alfonz.

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

You mean like sort for Alfonzo! Lol! (carolton banks from the fresh prince of bel-air). Lol !!!!!! :D :)

5. FashionOffender

FashionOffender New Member

OK here is the deal. I have 7 gerbils and they are all a hastle. I do have an 7 month old gerbil and a 2 year old gerbil in the same cage. But the older gerbil is the younger gerbils daddy. They were basicly together when "oddie" (younger gerbil) was born........
    Well, gerbils arent social, they are more frisky and curious. They dont like company they dont reconize. Especially lactating females. And males have to smell each other first, bt then they usually attack! So no its not a good idea!

6. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

A very large cage is a good idea too. The bigger the better. They shouldn't be as agressive if they aren't crowded too close to each other and they can get away from each other to another area of the cage. I've seen a lot of cages in pet stores sold as small animal cages that are WAY too small for anything to live in and then seen people pack in 2 and sometimes even up to 6 animals in these teeny cages. The overcrowding can definitely bring out agression. Not saying you do that, but a bigger cage is always apreciated. And yes, littermates would be the best way to go. www.martinscages.com has some great small animal cages to choose from. I suggest either PVC coating or powder coating. galvanized is rough on the feet and harder to clean.