1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ughhh. no luck w/walking

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by papillon/mom, Aug 3, 2004.

1. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

Well on Fri me and my hubby decided we would try walking peanut boy again (Rosco) and I made a hot dog and cut it up in itty bitty pieces for his little belly [-o< . I got him to walk down the driveway and that was it, he seen his brother walking, I had Rosco my hubby had Max and we couldn't keep up, Rosco wouldn't move even for a hot dog once he seen what the whole object of the treats was he stopped [-( . I know I need to get the stick but I am beginning to wonder if it will work. :cry: Do you think he will ever walk, he is now almost 8 months.

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Sure he will. And if you can walk with hubby maybe just hold the treat while one is ahead of rosco.. The whole big issue of being out in the big scarey world is probably whats spooking him. Pick him up and walk with him, then maybe sit on some grass and let him walk around you. On leash of course. Sooner or later he will forget what he was afraid of and just walk.

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Oh, no, no, no...it's definitely WAY too early to give up on him!!! :y_the_best:

I completely agree with puttin's advice!!!! Whenever he is outside, and you are there to supervise, put the leash on him, and let it just drag around with him. The fact that he walked down the driveway with the leash on is a huge accomplishment, be sure to reward him extensively when such things happen! You mentioned that Rosco wanted to walk because he saw Max walking, so when you are out practicing, it would probably be a good idea to have Max out there as well; having Max out there may help motivate Rosco!

As repetitive as this may sound, keep working as often as you can with him! The more practice he gets (which may be a lot), the close you will get to the ultimate goal! :D