1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

underwater greenhouse ???? ?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dude412, Jan 20, 2005.

1. dude412

dude412 New Member

i have an extra tank lying around its a 3 gallon could i use this with a planter as i call it or a green house for aquatic plants and is there any snail thats not a hermaphadite and could go in to?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well yea, if you have good lighting, u can probably try to grow out some plants and have a miniature greenhouse. as for the snails, i have no clue.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I think pretty much all snails will eat plants?

By greenhouse, you just mean a nano planted tank, right? That's very doable.

-Chelle

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I thought you ment you wanted to put the 3g inside another tank

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

That was the other thing I was thinking, but I couldn't think of any benefit it would have. Unless he put some kind of mesh lid on it so other fish couldn't get in there to eat the plants.

-Chelle

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Yah i was thinking he would put bug screen or something over it. Im not really sure what he is talkin about tho