1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Unusual Photo of Freckles

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

A professional photographer shot this picture of Freckles at the Dog Park using real Black and White film. I had to scan it to get it in digital format but you rarely see black and white photo's anymore. It does present a fairly dramatic image.
    [​IMG]

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

wow, that is a great pic. black and white is hard to do. I tried taking them a few years ago an dyou have to get the light and shadows just so

honeybear

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh thats really pretty. I would have it framed in a really rustic (mayve old wood) frame. Wow....

I want to take photos of my horses in BLk/White. I bet Sassy would look weird with her multi colors splashed everywhere.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

It really is an awesome photo. I love photos in black & white. I have a weird hobby I guess you could say...I collect old black & white photos of people I don't even know. I go to estate sales and auctions and bid on the boxes of photos no else wants. I have scrap books full of collages of strangers. My husband says Im a fruitcake, but I just love looking at the photos and imagining who they were and what their life was like. My kids get the books out pick out their favorite photos and ask me to tell stories about them. We have a great time making up stories about the people in the photos.

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Here's a picture I took of Bluebelle in black & white it's not really clear though.

[​IMG]

6. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I LOVE black and white photos. I'm an Annie Leibowitz fan through and through. Great photos of Freckles and Bluebelle.

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Both of the pics are great! b&w are my faves. Both Freckles and Bluebelle are beautiful dogs.

8. BXRchicProPit

BXRchicProPit New Member

I have a Nikon SLR (film), Film SLR photography is a hobby of mine.

I mostly do Black and Whites (such a creative and artistic voice to them, I think), I do a lot of bug and flower close ups with a macro filter and I also like wildlife photography.

Kinda dorky, I know... :roll: :wink:

Very cool pictures though~

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I just Photoshop my photos into black and white. Not the same thing, I know. :)

10. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

I love black and white photos as well :eek:
    They're just so gorgeous. That really is a great picture of Freckles, Dukesdad.

I took some last week of my pets with my old camera because I was making a special thing for my friends birthday and wanted to develop & print them myself. So with the extra film I did shots of my dogs =) Here's one of my chi I mounted and have on my window sill of my bedroom. There's a few of my husky on the hallway walls. It's a photo of a photo, because my scanner doesn't work very well anymore.
    [​IMG]
    I take a lot of black and whites with my digital cameras as well, but as said before, it's just not the same, just a lot more convenient. Here's one I took today downtown :) My days are usually pretty leisurely so photography is just a hobby I picked up in my free time.
    [​IMG]

11. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

thats beautiful photo what kind of breed is Freckles?

12. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

I luv all pics but I want to take a pic of Trixie in B & W and frame it :? maybe it will come out good

13. BXRchicProPit

BXRchicProPit New Member

GWEN, That "Downtown" shot is great!
    You should submit that somewhere!
    do you actually have that as a printed photo?
    I would take the print and put it into a black shadowbox frame with a thick white matting around it! Really great shot!

14. Jas

Jas New Member

Great shots Dukesdad, looks like a professional portrait. In fact all the photos do!!! Lovely pics all

I love B&W.

15. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

CockatielCrazy78
    Freckles is a mixed-up breed that nobody can quite figure out. I think you start with a Springer Spaniel then add a dash of Aussie. Britany, and maybe a pinch of Border Collie.
    He is a rescue so we don't know his background.
    Here is his Dogster page for a better look. Notice the blue patch in his left eye.
    http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=1 ... 6e2869e09e