1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE! Boy Bitten-NOT by a Pit Bull!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Actually, it was a GSD. It can be ANY dog at any time for a variety of reasons. Not only the "Dreaded" Pit Bull (sarcasam intended)

LOCAL NEWS THIS MORNING:

Family Dog Causes Toddler to Undergo Reconstructive Surgery
    Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

Emergency Crews Rush to the Scene

(Fort Wayne, IN - WANE - July 27, 2004) An Allen County toddler will have to undergo reconstructive surgery after being bitten by a family dog this afternoon. It happened at a home on Hurshtown Road. According to police, the three-year-old boy pulled on the german shepherd's tail while it was eating, and the dog bit the kid's face. The animal was the pet of the toddler's live-in grandmother. According to the owners, this was the first time the dog attacked someone. Animal Care and Control took the animal to its facility, where it's being quarantined. Owners are checking to make sure the dog had its rabies shots up-to-date. The boy will have to have reconstructive surgery on his ear.

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

So did the dog bite his ear or his face? poor kid and poor dog :? Once my bf got too close to me while I was eating and I wanted to bite him! my ice cream!

3. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I hope they don't put that dog down. That would be sad.

4. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:lol: I know what you mean! Sarge growls if anyone touches him while he is eating. I always keep the boys away from him when he is eating and I have been working with him on it. The boy had his face bitten right on the cheek area over to the ear. It was not an attack, but a one bite. I heard from a police friend that the 3 year old was alone in the room while the dog was eating and no one was watching him.

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Poor dog and child! WTF is up with people not watching their children.?
    OH yeah, now that this has happened, there are going to be HUGE publicity on the viciousness of GSD"s!!!! LETS BAN THEM ALL!!!

(sarcasm)

6. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

sams- I agree! Not only is it irresponsible to leave a small child unattended around an animal eating, but, it's beyond irresponsible that no one was watching a 3 year old regardless of an animal eating! AMAZING! They are not really talking like like they are even considering putting the dog down. I am praying they don't.

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

But it was the DOGS fault! Remember that!!! THe dog is HOrrible! That poor evil child, lashed out at the dog....he hehe.....(Sarcastic, yet again)

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

sarge and sam, right what is a 3 year doing around a dog eating, let alone being unsupervised.

I had a scare once with a friend of mine. her 6 year old was running around my house and unkown to me her mom had given her some bread to snack on well she was ruuning around with this piece of bread in her hand waving it and Jake thought she was trying to feed him and knocked her down trying to get the bread out of her hand.

her dad came running over, did you get bit!!! i was terrifed, so both her mom and me learned a lesson that night. and it could easily have turned out bad.

honeybear

9. lil96

lil96 New Member

I don't know why but this reminds me of one time when my niece was about1.5-2 years old and she has one of those see n says or whateever those things are you pull the string and it says"the cow says moo" and on purpose hit my dog (1/2 lab the other half pit bull and chow) for no reason my dog stared at her then grabbed her hand, didn't bite down, but put her (niece) hand in her (dog)mouth. There were no marks, no drool or anything but my niece was pretty scared, but later on the story turned into my dog attacked her out of no where. And when I would say I witnessed it and this is what happened everyone would say I was just trying to cover for the dog! I was so angry!

10. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

honeybears- exactly. As smart as they are, as loving as they are, they are still an animal and animals are instinct driven. We have to remian aware of that and not put a person OR the animal in position where their instinct would make a choice with a negative outcome. Did that make sense?

11. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

UPDATE- Our local news reported this afternoon that the dog has never bitten anyone before and that he is 6 years old. They took him in only to quarentine him while they make sure his shots are up to date (i.e. rabies) and they said that is the only reason at this time he was even removed from the home. That this is not the same thing as when they report an "un-provoked" dog attack/bite, that disturbing any animal of any breed during feeding is risky. I was shocked they knew the difference! I mean pleasantly surprised!