1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE !! CODIE'S !! UPDATE...WOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by shyangel333, Jan 7, 2005.

1. shyangel333

shyangel333 New Member

OK YALL.....I AM A GRANDMA...SHE STARTED HAVEING HERE PUPPIES AT 11:30PM AND HAD HER 7TH ONE AT 2:20AM...I THINK SHE IS HAVEING ONE MORE...I HAVE 2 BOYS AND 5 GIRLS...AND HERE IS WHAT AMAZES ME SHE HAS HAD 3 WHITE PUPPIES ONE IS SOLID WHITE AND THE OTHER TO ARE ALL WHITE EXCEPT ONE HAS A BLACK SPOT ON THE EYE AND THE OTHER HAS A BROWN SPOT ON TOP OF HER HEAD.....I NEVER THOUGHT SHE WOULD HAVE ONE LET A LONE 3 SOLID WHITES.....THE ONE THAT IS SOLID WHITE ONLY I THINK IS A ALBINO...I WON'T KNOW TILL SHE OPENS HER EYES...WELL THERE IT IS..I WILL POST PICTURES OF EVERY ONE OF THEM TOMORROW OR THE NEXT DAY...ME AND CODIE ARE EXHAUSED....THANK YOU ALL!!! SHY...

2. shyangel333

shyangel333 New Member

OK HERE IS ONE PIC

this is the little boy named spot... :eek:
    i will have more later.... :y_the_best:
    [​IMG]

3. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

shyangel. you might [meaning maybe, not definately, a chance] have a problem on your hands with the solid white pups, ESPECIALLY the one you think might be albino....

4. shyangel333

shyangel333 New Member

ya ya ya ya

here is my familia!!!!
    will have more later!!!
    [​IMG]

5. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

You are going to adopt some out arent' you?

6. shyangel333

shyangel333 New Member

ok ok ok ok

ok give me my momment right now and let me be happy....then you all can beat whats right into my head....i know you all are concerned for there well being and i will do whats best for them......right now i have to head out to the vets so he can examine the babies....thank you all!!! shy

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Well congratulations! I' excited and relived that everything went ok. I'm not going to beat it in your head that you were wrong. Thats been argued, and its over with.

The only concern I have is with the white pups. Pedominatly white pups generally have health issues. Deafness, blindness....
    So be sure the bet checks for all that.

But they are all beautiful! And I'm glad everything went ok!

Now enough with the bickering. She's learned her lesson, and now we need to focus in on the babies....I'm sure she'll find wonderful homes for them if she can not keep them all...

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

how exciting!! oh my arent they cute.

just curious, why are albinos or white dogs and cats more prone to be deaf??

honeybear

9. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Yea, they are cute.
    Congratulations!

10. shyangel333

shyangel333 New Member

this is my sadie!!!

this is my cat sadie.... i have had her sence the day she was born...bottle feed her raised her she is going to be 8 years old tomorrow.....she is deaf in one ear and half deaf in the other...the vet discovered this when she was 2 yrs old we call her scitz kittty she can hear very little but she sure as heck can sence stuff she refuses to cross the air vents or walk thur door ways she leaps...she has always done this...when she wants to be she is very loveable very...she is solid white ..with a blue eye and a green eye....thanks!! shy
    [​IMG]

11. goob

goob New Member

This link answers the question of white dogs being prone to deafness, and also has information on testing dogs for deafness. The BAER test is the most effective methods of testing, and can be done even on young pups.
    http://www.deafdogs.org/faq/

12. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Not that you shouldn't keep an eye out and of course get Mom and her pups cared for/checked out by a vet, but I've bred 2 litters - both out of the same bitch, different sires. In each litter of 8 she had 3 solid white or mostly white, and 5 either dark fawn or dark fawn/white piebald. In her 1st litter one female was all white except for a tiny light brown spot on her cheek. She had blue/green eyes and a red nose. At first, I thought she was an albino. Turns out that there is a difference in white dogs and albino dogs. Of course, there is a higher incidence of deafness in white dogs, but albinos generally have a lot more problems that just deafness. Looking at Codie's sire, I'd say that the pups' coloration (or lack thereof in this case...lol) comes from him.