1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

update on my poor little sammy

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Rene, May 20, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

This poor little kitty looks worse then he did when he came to me. I called the vet the other day because he is loosing all his fur and i think it's from the meds i'm putting on him (for ringworm) she told me that the test results have not came back yet and keep putting it on him so i did, the other morning i woke and his eye was stuck shut so i put warm cloth on it till it opened and called her again results are still not back just keep doing what i'm doing. well now he is loosing fur all over his body his lip is swollen eyes are leaking poor baby so i called again tuesday to bring him in they said FINALLY the results are back and yes he has ringworm bring him in and get a stronger med for him geez the poor thing it's been i think 2 weeks and he is just worse he walks like he is supper old and doesnt talk to me much any more actually he really doesnt even want me to pet him poor baby so tonight we go back and hopefully he will get better soon.

oh yea the "hole" that he had (the reason we went to the vet in the first place) was healing up nice but this morning my daughter came in and said his skin is green right there i'm so glad that we are going tonight i need this baby to get better.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

wow....heard a lot about ringworm but usually once it starts getting treated the cat feels better. I hope he's not having an allergic reaction to whatever they gave him.
    Poor sammy

3. Bente

Bente New Member

I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better soon [-o< My father's cat had ringworms a while ago, and he never had any of those symptoms poor sammy has...

4. nern

nern New Member

Poor Sammy...will keep him in my thoughts. :(
    Be sure to keep us updated on his recovery.

5. Rene

Rene New Member

well we are back from the vet his ring worm is gone she thinks he just has skin irration and his swollen lip so she gave him a steriod shot to bring the swelling down and gave me some meds for his eyes i have to call back in 2 weeks and let her know how his skin is doing.

Last time she said he had an ulser in his lip she this time called it some name that i cant remember but it has to do with his immune system she said it is common in his breed have you heard of this mary? but all and all he looks better already oh yea his "green" skin (my daughter is color blind or something scared the heck out of me for nothing) his boo boo healed well yes it's a little darker around it (his skin) the vet said becasue he has some kind of irration so hopefully the shot will work she said if he has to have them more then i could cause liver diasese (sp) so HOPEFULLY he will get better soon,

thanks for you comments and advice and well wishs

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Poor little Sammy. Give him a hug for me. I'm glad to hear that he's bouncing back.

7. Bente

Bente New Member

It's good to hear he is doing better :)

8. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

awwww i hope sammy gets well soon big hugs :love_y_t_much:

9. vene

vene New Member

Get well soon Sammy! :m10:

10. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

11. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

12. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Rene...I've posted over at Siamese Internet Cat Club regarding this and it being a "meezer" thing - seems the multitude of siamese cat people there are thinking "huh?" when did that happen.
    Anyway someone suggested a 2nd opinion (which was my first thought too).
    Also L-Lysine, added to the food, is a good natural way to boost an immune system. I've used it for some fosters and it does make a difference.
    The one person there who was familar w/this volunteers at a shelter and she said she's seen ONE cat with this and it wasn't a meezer - they treated him with antibiotics and it went away.

13. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I hope Sammy feels better real soon. Poor kitty. :cry:

14. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks mary how could i forget this name "RODENT ULCER" that is what she said it was, she only gave me cream for his eye's and of course the steriod shot i will get some of that stuff you mentioned and put it in his food also I guess i will have to make sure that he eats seperate from my other kittys.

he really is a good kitty didnt mind when i shoved pills in mouth now he doesnt mind when i put cream in his eye he really is a good baby. She also suggested i give him a bath with medicated shampoo well i have only had him for about a month i'm kinda scared to give him a bath i will have to get sholder length pot holders for my hole arms lol.

well this morning in the kitty box there was loose stool with blood in it of course all 5 cats were in the house so i dont know which one it came from i'm assuming Sam but i have never seen him in the box he goes outside and goes. so now i'm watching all of them very closely

thanks again for a the info

I thought it was strange her saying its in his breed that is why i asked lol it would seem that it can happen to any animal if he is not better in a week i will go to a different vet.