1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Update on old Cassie

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginny, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Ginny

Ginny New Member

Hi,

Well, Cassie seems to be doing just fine :D

I am so grateful for the tip on wiping her down daily, she loves it so much she now actually wails for it and won't give up until she's had her wash! I spend about 5 minutes with a warm cloth washing her all over, she goes crazy and purrs her head off. Her last depo jab was in December, she hasn't gone so long without one for months and months so I am happy now. I hated pumping her with drugs all the time.

She's now totally deaf, and still struggles to jump up but she has a little stool now to help her get onto the sofa, where she has a lovely cushion covered in a fleecy blanket and she curls up there for about 23 hours a day! The wailing continues, but like you do with babies I try one of 3 things - a wash, a cuddle, or a bite to eat :wink:

Let's hope she has a few years left in her yet, she'll be 17 in July - we share the same birthday so tuna cake all round I reckon!!

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

what a wonderful update.
    I'm glad all is going well....and her age alone is a testament to the great care you have given her

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Ginny. Thanks for the update. I too hope she has a few more years with you. You're doing such a good job of taking care of her. That was nice that you got her a little stool to help her get onto the couch. Pretty cool how you both have the same birthday!

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

What a great update!! I'm glad that she is doing well!! You have done such a great job in taking care of her for her to be about 17.. I hope Patches lives that long she is 14 now.
    Congrats!!

5. Ginny

Ginny New Member

Thanks all. I just noticed that the last big tooth has vanished! I've gradually given Cassie more and more soft food now, as that seems to be what she wants.

I know, the stool is cute. It has a rhyme on it too ... This little stool is mine, I use it all the time, to reach the things I couldn't, and lots of things I shouldn't!

[​IMG]

This was taken within the last few months, she was gazing up at me and my friend took the picture, I think she looks beautiful :D

6. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

She is a beautiful kitty. I'm glad she is doing better.

7. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

She is soo beautiful!!!!

8. vene

vene New Member

She's so beautiful. :m10: It's great to see that she's doing well. :eek:

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

She is a very pretty girl. Reminds me of a tiger. :D

10. Bente

Bente New Member

Wow! 17? She looks remarkably good for her age :mrgreen: I'm glad to hear the good news :D

11. Ginny

Ginny New Member

She takes after her Mum :D

12. Ginny

Ginny New Member

She takes after her Mum :D