1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Update on Rhiannon

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by nern, Jun 2, 2004.

1. nern

nern New Member

Rhiannon's surgery went well today. She seems to be feeling pretty good but has a bandage around her neck which I think is annoying her. The vet now thinks the lump was an abcess which developed a thick, hard shell around it. It is being sent to the lab to be tested to find out for sure. Right now I have her closed off in my bedroom away from the other animals. A little while ago I found Bean & Chieve hanging out by the door. Wonder if they know she's in there?

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Nern. I am so relieved everything went well. :eek: I thought about Rhiannon today, because I didn't forget it was her big day. You must be relieved that it's all done. I know how how worried you were. But now you have to wait yet again to see what the test results are. I believe the other kitties know she's in the room. :wink:

3. nern

nern New Member

Thanks Chessmind. I am relieved....I get the lab results on Thurs. or Fri. and I have to take her back for a re-check in 6 days.

Also, she's gained more weight...now up to 14.4lbs!! After she is all healed up I've got to get her on a diet.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That's going to be tough to get her to diet when there are other cats in the house. Maybe instead you could just try to get her to exercise a bit more. Even if it's 10-15 minutes a day of play. Just a thought. That is going to be hard though. I wish you luck with that. You'll have to post and let us know how that's going.

5. nern

nern New Member

Good advice. I must admit I've been slacking with their exercise lately. Tiddy has also gained so now I have 4 fatties! I'll keep you posted. :wink:

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL Nern.

7. halaroo

halaroo New Member

It's good to hear that the surgery went well. Hopefully she'll be well-behaved locked in your room. I know my cats make a huge fuss when locked up! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

8. vene

vene New Member

I'm so glad Rhiannon's surgery went well. It's funny how the other cats always know where everyone is. I have a bad tendency of closing doors and thus locking poor kitties in the basement, closet, or the garage. Thankfully, one of the cats, especially Milo will come to me and meow real loud alerting me. My locked up cats don't always cry or scratch the door for help.
    How much longer before the badage will come off and Rhiannon can leave the room?

9. nern

nern New Member

Thanks everyone. She does'nt seem to mind being locked up in my room. I put a tunnel in there and a bed for her but she seems to prefer laying in the middle of the floor on the rug. I think she has to keep the bandage on until her stitches come out (in 2wks) so I might let her out with the other cats in a few days for a little while as long as I can supervise. She goes back to the vet for a recheck on Wednesday so maybe they will take her bandage off then.

10. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi nern...just read this post. hope rhiannon's doing well. i am sure the other kitties can smell her in there. maybe its like a little vacation for her...kinda like a little "getaway" with noone to bother her. by the way...my mom has two "fatties". i dont get it either. she hardly even feeds them alot. im thinkin...how do they stay so fat??? must be metabolism like humans, but they are little chunkers....

11. nern

nern New Member

She's doing well but I think she ready to come out of my room now. She sat by the door alot today. Maybe tomorrow I'll let her out of there for a little bit.

12. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Nern. Did you get the test results for the 'lump' yet?

13. nern

nern New Member

Chessmind: You know, I could just kick myself ](*,) . I was supposed to call for her results on Thurs or Fri and I forgot! I can't believe I forgot :0010: ...I just remembered this evening and tomorrow they are closed so now I won't find out until Monday.

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

nern...i would think that they would call you if it was anything really serious, don't you? anyway...just sayin a little prayer for rhiannon for her speedy recovery.

by the way...thanks for the nice feedback on max's photos. that first one is a pretty standard pose. he plays in that chair all the time. some of his antics on that chair are hysterical...just couldn't get them on camera. sometimes he just hangs in midair with just his two paws hanging on. i just laugh and laugh.

15. nern

nern New Member

Thats what I was thinking too. Thanks, I was able to get a good look at her stitches today and they looked good...no swelling or anything. She seems to be healing up nicely.

Max sounds like such a charactor. He must be quite entertaining. LOL.

16. nern

nern New Member

My vet called me first thing this morning....
    It was a cyst, not cancerous. :eek:

17. vene

vene New Member

Yeah, what a relief! :idea:

18. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

That is great news, Nern. :eek:

19. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Yay Nern! I'm very happy for you and Rhiannon :D

20. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi nern...just saw the post. my computer at home has been down, so had to use office to retrieve messages. sooo glad for rhiannon. =D>