1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

update on two of my flowerhorns....

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by grnlemonade, Mar 20, 2005.

1. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

its been a little while, so i decided to psot an update of two of my FH's....
    First FH.....all three pics are taken with flash...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second FH...first pic with flash, second one is w/o
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do u think about them?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Do all flowerhorns have bright red eyes like that? I never really paid attention before, but it's a little creepy. :shock:

Nice looking fish though.

-Chelle

3. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Nice looking FH, Love the markin on it

4. tski22

tski22 New Member

Lol Chelle I never noticed that either untill you said something. -tl

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

flowerhorn are crossbred right what breeds were used to make them ?

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well chelle, all ZZ strains FH's do, but Kamfa strains do not, they have white eyes. i love the eyes, one of my favorite qualities in them....ill have to post a picture of one of my females later, she has some crazy orange eyes.....they are the same color as neon orange colored paint under a black light....they literally glow under the aquarium light....i jsut hope the camera will pickup the eyes the way they look.

flowerhorn are crossbred right what breeds were used to make them ?
    Fish Addict: well, fishaddict, the breeders will never tell the exact species and fish used to create a FH because they dont want to give away their creations, but for sure there are some Trimacs, some bloodparrots, some red devils,some viejas, and other SA cichlids used. even flwoerhorns of different strains are bred to produce a new FH

7. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I still cant get over the colors and how nice flower horns look and they are still nice and agressive.

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

that how Flowerhorns got a hook on me, i think a year ago to this month...these are not even the super high grade ones either, u should see some of those.