1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Update on Wylie

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, May 21, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Well Wylie is totaly recovered from her nasty run in with the coyotes. :D As for her lethargy - she is playing non-stop again. I think she had a low grade bug that the tests didnt pick up because she perked up right away after being on the antiobotics from the coyote bites. But she is still quarantined for another 30 days - so no walks or going out until then. She doesnt like that :(

honeybear

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Thats great!!!!

CHessminds, beloved Handsome died yesterday from a coyote attack.....
    Sad.

3. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

OMG! Sam that's horrible.

Where is Chessmind? I haven't seen him in a long while......
    poor guy.

very glad wylie is good to go!! Well, not for 30 days. Boy, you are gonna have your hands full for the next couple of weeks.

4. Samsintentions

He's been on the Cats forum more than anything.....

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

What is with all these strange wild animal attacks?!?! Bear, Bobcats, mountain lion, now coyotes? Use to be you hardly heard of this thing, now everyday it seems some person or somebody's pet is being killed by wild animals. The world seems to be getting out of whack or something.

6. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Last year we had no problems here but some snakes .This year we can hear the coyotes coming closer and closer also .My brother has horses and has taken them to another pasture away from here because of it .
    Something is definately happening cause we never heard them before the last couple weeks so close at night .Usually they never crossed the stream tht runs below our land ,now they are on top of the mountain here .
    I put out huge lights all over ,if any of my dogs start barking ,I head out with the gun .I will shoot those things if they come near mine !
    There is definately something not right cause it is happening everywhere from what I hear here and on other boards .

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

It has been strange - people lately say their animals acting weird too. Wylie getting attacked which is rare, and then Chessmind, who said they never had coyotes. Next thing it will be mountain lions and bears! I think its because we are encroaching on the wildlife space. Where I live people put their trash out the night before which is a big no-no - thats just asking to bring various animals going thru it.

honeybear

8. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

We don't put ours out but once a week ,because we have outside dogs that can get into it .My brother seems to think it is the dog food and horse food ,I think it is because after a few years the wild animals are not afraid as much and come closer to test a new area for whatever reason .I don't know ,but they will be dead ones if tey keep coming ,all three of my brothers and I are on the watch ,not only for our animals ,but for the younger children here too .
    I know what you mean by even the pets acting up ,mine seem to be ill at each other more lately .never was beofre ,so it is all strange .

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'm sure the animals all know something we don't. Hmmmm....Dukesdad, talk with that animal communicator yet? :)

Jamiya

10. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

The farmers here are putting poison on dead pigs and putting them back in there woods so dogs that run lose cant get them . You can hear them and sounds like 100's .

11. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I live in the middle of a big city, but a couple of weeks ago Curt was driving home and saw a coyote run across the street. CREEPY!!

A couple of years ago I was walking with a girlfriend and there was a deer standing in front of her apartment building! We called Animal Control to get it and they didn't believe us at first.

Then last winter I was drining home late one night and had to slam on my brakes because there was almost 20 mountain goats crossing the road. This was on the outer edge of the city, but still quite busy. I had only seen mountain goats in Banff which is almost 2 hrs. from us!!

Too weird all these animals coming in. They really are running out of sapce though. Banff is pretty good though. They have preserved all the wildlife and you are not even allowed to live there unless you work in the city. They are trying to keep it very small.

12. Samsintentions

One time at band camp!!!

LOL Sorry couldn't resist!

Basically the more and more construction, enlargments of subdivisions and the vast majority of people wanting to get out of the city is causing the biggest problems. Where is the wild life to go??? We've pushed them back sooo far now they have no choice but to live with us in the cities, towns...

I think the best thing to do is leave them alone, keep your areas clean from garbage, and definatly don't leave foodout for them or your animals! Make sure you clean up after your dogs,cats and so on.