1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

update

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Abz, May 18, 2004.

1. Abz

Abz New Member

Hiya just an update,

no more minnows died, so I'm hoping it was old age, as both were siblings, I did really extensive siphoning, and changed 50% of the water.
    And now the water is clearer than its actually ever been. *crystal!* :eek:
    The little comet with a ragged tailfin has gotten darker pigmentation there, but it healed, so I don't think its ammonia burn. he's also a lot healthier, he was always more orangy than the others who are closer to red, but now he's starting to darken and is more lively.
    So everything is going very well :D

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

:eek:

That's really good to hear! :D

-Chelle

3. Abz

Abz New Member

yup finally the tank is working properly :D
    I also removed most live plants, as their leaves were clogging the filter a bit, I left 2 small ones for them to nibble on, but i'm getting a fake one so they can have a bigger hiding place.
    I put my 3 inch blind goldfish in, as his tank was too small, and I had nowhere for him.. its a teeny bit crowded gallon wise, but they physically have plenty of room, as the 3 comets are 1 inch each, in a 10 gallon.
    its just the 8 minnows that make it sound crowded, but they stick to the top, while the others stay around the bottom/middle.
    when they grow, they'll be moved to my aunt's.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Just keep a close eye on those water parameters.

-Chelle

5. Abz

Abz New Member

I will :D

6. Abz

Abz New Member

whoops I realised I made it sound a bit smaller there! its not a 10, its 12 in uk and 14.5 in us gallons :oops: