1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

*Updated* My poor Winnie - RIP

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by halaroo, Oct 10, 2004.

1. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I just got back from visiting my Mom and Dad. It looks like Winnie, the cat who's been in my life for 16 years, is on her last legs. She was my first cat. She doesn't seem to be in any pain and she purrs contently whenever I was in the room, but I could tell her day is near. Poor girl. My Mom is going to watch her for the next couple of days and then take her in if there's any sign of suffering.

She's had a good life but I'm still sad. :(

[​IMG]

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

what a pretty girl - I'll be thinking of Winnie. I remember the cat I grew up with, Puff, she was born 2 weeks before I was and passed away 2 weeks after our 16th birthdays. I still dream about her now and then.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I'm so sorry, Halaroo. I remember those beautiful eyes of hers. She's such a pretty cat. It's always hard to lose on of our fur animals. :( I had my childhood cat for 20.5 years and although I knew she was going to pass away, it was still hard. I took a lot of comfort in the fact that she had a wonderful long life. Hang in there.

4. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

That's so sad! I know what it's like to lose your childhood friend. The kitty I grew up with, Patches, died two years ago, she was 23! I hear that's a long life for a kitty. She was very well taken care of, and I'm glad she had the life she did. She acted like a kitten until the day she died. It's weird that she was older than me. I was fourteen making her almost double my age!

5. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

im so sorry to hear about ur kitty.. she is a pretty lil girl...and i to know what its like i lost my jason almost 2 years ago in november i had him since i was lil and he lived to be almmost 15... he had a good life and istill dream about him all the time.. and when he passed and when i tell this some ppl dont believe me but he was in my lap when he went and as he went i seen flask backs of his life from the time he wasa baby playing w/ fish that were 2x his size to me dressin him up in baby doll clothes to takeing him to the er clinic 4 stones him getting hit by a car etc.. till i seen him laying in my arms like he was doing and i looked down one last time and he was gone...i still get chills thinking about that it was like i was having a dream then and there when i was really wide awake holding my lil man...the memories u have of ur kitty will never go away so hold on to them and even though when shes gone when u think about them its like shes right there next to u all over again (and probably is in my opinion)but be strong 4 ur lil girl and i wish u and ur girl the best...

6. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry Halaroo. Winnie looks beautiful. *hugs*

7. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

I'm so sorry Halaroo. What a beautiful girl she is!

8. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:cry: well that just breaks my heart. i dont know if its the camera...or if she has some cataracts...her one eye reminds me of otis's...who died at almost twenty..(in march 04). i think he had cataracts in both of his eyes... his little paws look sort of the same as winnies too. there is a certain look when a kitty gets older...i think their bones shift...

winnie is beautiful halaroo. i am very sorry she isnt doing well.

9. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I appreciate all the warm thoughts everyone. I said my goodbyes to her yesterday and I am at peace with that. She's been a great cat and has certainly lived a full life. I will keep everyone posted on what's happening as I find out. Thanks all - this is a great support group!

10. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

i'm late again it seems... *bashful look*

halaroo i'm so sorry.. i've got tears in my eyes now and i feel horrible for you.... i can't imagine having a kitty that long (my oldest that i can remember from when i was little was 13 and he was a mostly outdoor cat) and i know i cried buckets and buckets of tears when he died.

She is so pretty... you were both truly blessed to have had eachother this long..

11. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry halaroo...I'm glad you had the opportunity to say your goodbyes to her.

12. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:cry: :( :cry:

13. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I'm sorry Halaroo...it's always sad when we lose a loved one. I'm thankful that Winnie has enjoyed a long life filled with care and love. So many babies aren't as lucky. You and she will be in my heart *hugs*

14. AllieCat

AllieCat New Member

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

15. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

halaroo...how is winnie? and how is your mom doing?? with winnie not doing well, i mean.... :(

16. halaroo

halaroo New Member

There has been no change in her condition as of yesterday. My Mom is doing fine. She's also made her peace with the situation. Winnie's had a good, long life, so once she notices any changes for the worse, she will bring her in. The vet feels that there is no point in treating her, just easing her pain.

I'm hoping to get down to visit her once more (my parents live an hour away). I will let you all know as things progress. Thanks for asking!

17. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Winnie was put to sleep today. She stopped eating a couple of days ago. She was unable to get onto the couch or bed. My Mom said she cuddled with everyone last night and again this morrning before the appointment. She knew it was time. The vet thinks she either had cancer or possibly a stroke. She was 16.

I am very sad right now. I'm so thankful I have Moe with me here.

18. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry halaroo. {{{hugs}}} :cry:

19. Bente

Bente New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss halaroo :cry:

20. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

It is so sad to hear about your little Winnie. She was such a pretty cat. It brings a tear to my eye. It is hard to lose someone you love. My heart goes out to you.