1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

URGENT! - PLEASE CROSSPOST!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Rene, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I must say that I have not watched this viedo but have donated money to petsmart and places like that to help. I would foster any pet if i could get it here. this is so sad

warning this is a disturbing video.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/photogr ... aydogs.htm

It's official.. they need volunteers and help NOW!
    Plus notify as many people as you can including the media to prevent animals
    (who have come through this natural disaster and are trying to survive as
    best they can)being needlessly killed.

Click on the Link:
    www.baileyindy.com

Other groups helping:
    http://purebredcatbreedrescue.org

www.ASPCA.org

www.noahswish.org

www.HSUS.org

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hurricanepets/

www.bestfriends.org

Here are some media contacts if you want to email your concerns. Thank you.

hurricanevictims@cnn.com,
    paula.zahn@turner.com,
    aaron.brown@turner.com,
    lklshow.ideas@cnn.com,
    wolf@cnn.com,
    sachi.koto@turner.com,
    chuck.roberts@turner.com,
    linda.stouffer@turner.com,
    dave.willis@turner.com,
    sharon.collins@turner.com,
    asieh.namdar@turner.com,
    stephen.frazier@turner.com,
    catherine.callaway@turner.com,
    michael.squadron@turner.com,
    daryn.kagan@turner.com,
    lou.dobbs@turner.com,
    michelle.rozsa@turner.com,
    kyra.phillips@turner.com,
    cheryl.gould@nbc.com,
    letters@msnbc.com,
    rehema.ellis@nbc.com,
    david.verdi@nbc.com,
    abramsreport@msnbc.com,
    lester.holt@msnbc.com,
    brian.williams@nbc.com,
    dateline@nbc.com,
    marc.rosenwasser@nbc.com,
    david.corvo@nbc.com,
    letters@msnbc.com,
    wt@nbc.com,
    mtp@msnbc.com,
    60m@cbsnews.com,
    KFSWriters@hearst.com,
    weekends@cbsnews.com,
    evening@cbsnews.com,
    sundays@cbsnews.com,
    earlyshow@cbs.com,
    sat@cbsnews.com,
    ftn@cbsnews.com,
    48hours@cbsnews.com,
    comments@foxnews.com,
    kennedy@foxnews.com,
    john.moody@foxnews.com,
    skinner@foxnews.com,
    tim.gaughan@foxnews.com,
    folbaum@foxnews.com,
    janet.alshouse@foxnews.com,
    jon.scott@foxnews.com,
    brigitte.quinn@foxnews.com,
    patti.ann.browne@foxnews.com,
    todd.connor@foxnews.com,
    jerry.burke@foxnews.com,
    brian.gaffney@foxnews.com,
    afterhours@foxnews.com,
    foxmagazine@foxnews.com,
    fns@foxnews.com,
    newswatch@foxnews.com,
    greta@foxnews.com,
    brit.hume@foxnews.com,
    jim.eldridge@foxnews.com,
    john.gibson@foxnews.com,
    shepard.smith@foxnews.com,
    david.brown@foxnews.com,
    2020@abc.com,
    JohnStossel@abcnews.com,
    nightline@abc.com,
    john.quinones@abc.com,
    bill.geddie@abc.com,
    thisweek@abc.com

2. ilovemycockatiels

ilovemycockatiels New Member

oh my gosh.. that video is HORRIBLE!! :cry: :cry: I want to foster a dog but my mom won't let me... we live in too small of a house to have two dogs, but I feel so bad for them. I just want to foster a little dog maybe.

3. someday

someday New Member

That is terrible..at least the national guard seems to be concerned in helping the animal rescue effort as opposed to the local government.

4. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Well it's a real good thing I don't live in that area and am not anywhere close to it. I would have put a bullet in anyone I saw doing such a spinless act. These cowards need there a$$es kicked and drug through the New Orleans water.

5. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Sorry but that just makes me sick to my stomach and very angry, here is a link that has phone numbers for the guy that shot the dogs and the local authorities.
    http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/09/1766168.php

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

I just don't understand the resoning in killing the dogs? I mean, what was the point? because there is no one to take care of them? How did dogs live for 100's of years w/out people, didn't they take care of themselves? What are they worried the dogs will clean up the trash and eat the dead bodies that everyone leaves behind? Because if they just shoot the dog and leave it, aren't they just making more of a mess than letting the dogs clean it up (as disgusting as it seems) what a bunch of fucking idiots.
    when I have been to New Orleans before, bad things happened to homeless people. Once I was wearing raggedy cut offs and a tshirt and they mistook me and my friend for homeless people and tried to take us away, until I pulled out my college id, then they believed me that I wasn't homeless. I hate thinking about how they treat homeless people, I can't imagine how they are treating the loose dogs and cats.

7. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

My husband said they were concerned about dogs becoming "dangerous" as they get very hungry or sick. But these dogs obviously weren't dangerous. Can you imagine if you lost everything and then saw the sheriff shooting your dog?!

Sometimes I really hate people.

9. lil96

lil96 New Member

i told a co worker about it and she said, "you just don't get it these people are in survival mode they just aren't thinking straight. Anyway these dogs may only eat dead people but then they will carry the rabid diseases the people had." my jaw dropped and i didn't say anything else forthe rest ofthe day to her. When I said I was outraged by the people shooting at the helicopters she said "you don't understand these people are in survival mode...' i still think it isn't right to kill people ordogs. i think the people who are doing that are not in survival mode, but are in power trip mode

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Shooting at a helicoptor does not help a person survive. I think the way many of the New Orleans people behaved was shameful and made it more difficult to get help to them. NY all pulled together in the wake of 9-11, but New Orleans went "every man for himself."

11. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

I have sent this email to a few news agencies today.

12. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

The way these idiots were acting had nothing to do with survival mode, they looked like they were 'having fun'....free target practice :x

It would be different if the dogs were running at them and attacking them, or even if they were close to being dead, looked to me like the dogs were just happy to see someone and maybe get some attention. I really hope that 'officer' (sorry... pathetic excuse for a human) loses his job, ends up court, preferabley jail and with a huge fine and a lifetime ban on ever having pets.

13. jay

jay New Member

Hey guys, well I am from St. Bernard parish and have been back to total ruin. When I left that Saturday night to leave and looked around and locked the door to evacuate. Then to come home to a home that had 15 feet of water in it. Words can't even descrice it. Picture it and multiply it by 1,000. It is much worse than New Orleans. Every house has to be bulldozed, nothing could be saved. There are so many animals running around, mostly dogs. I did pick up a few and some friends that are working there are taking care of them. But one of the most disturbing sites was a school gym with hundreds of dogs that were shot and thrown there. Every breed you can think of. The ASSHOLE you see in the video is Mike Minton. He is a well known jerk. Please do what you can to report him, call anyone you know. My friend who is a cop, said he was shooting them for fun. The St. Bernard Police Dept. number is (504)271-2501. The Sheriff's name is Jack Stephens. Parish president is Junior Rodriguez. Do what you can.

14. jay

jay New Member

Don't know if I mentioned. That guy shooting the dogs is Sgt. Mike Minton. Yeah he works for the police. Also, other than that everyone in St. Bernard that is working has been great. For those who don't know we are right next to New Orleans, we have about 70,000 people. All those thing you see on tv were not happening in St. Bernard, the looting, stealing,etc. Again please call, we do not need idiots like Sgt. Mike protecting us.

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I can't watch the videos. :cry:

16. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

I am thinking I will convert a copy of the video to DIVX, AVI or MPEG standard this weekend and upload it to something like rapidshare.de.

Jay, since you are local to the problem have you called and spoken to the Sheriff commander about this?

17. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

18. honeybears

honeybears New Member

jay, that is is just horrble about that man, some people are just plain sick, my husband works with someone like that, he would be the first person to volunteer because he feels this need to kill animals and would probably take great pride in perfecting his hunting skills. :( :( :(

19. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

20. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

No, I mean I can't make myself watch them. I don't want to see it. I think I would have nightmares. Knowing it happened is bad enough. :cry: