1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Useful bit of info - you may know it already.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by elizavixen, May 16, 2004.

1. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I went out of town for the weekend to my grandmothers where she watched my dog for like 5 mins. Well, in that time he managed to find and chew up a roach trap thing. I freaked b/c I was sure he had eaten some of the poison. I called the vet and they said to pour about 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide down his throat which would make him throw up. It worked. Very well. He vomited everything (I have to admit it was actually quite interesting seeing what all was in his stomach - apparently he is not big on chewing his food, just swallowing it). I had never heard this trick before, some people I told said they knew about it. but if you haven't heard it either - if your dog eats poison, give them some hydrogen peroxide and it will make them throw up (of course you should still see a vet but still).

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

That is pretty handy to know. I would still call my vet but at least I can be prepared and have it somewhere I can find it. And I know what you mean about not chewing, my pom threw up yesterday and her food was all whole.

3. goob

goob New Member

It's normal for dogs to not chew their food, actually, dogs that do chew are sorta uncommon :lol: . One more thing is that you should ALWAYS check with your vet before making a dog puke something back up, as some things can cause more damage if made to come back up then if just allowed to pass through.

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I had wondered if that was the case goob. This isnt my first dog that has thrown up whole food but I swear it looks as if they are chewing their food. LOL. Once again I learn something new. Gosh I love this board!

5. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Well ,I knew about the peroxide thing .I have used it before .
    yea ,it is the same premise as us with corn .We may chew it but it comes out not looking like we did ..LOL !

6. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

Be careful!!

there are some poisons that you absolutely do not want to induce vomitting for! The best thing to do before taking any action is to call poison control. Have the number handy by your phone at all times. Inducing vomitting after your animal ingests certain chemicals can burn out their Esophagus and cause twice the damage.