1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

using basement as bathroom

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by KRAFTDOGG1, Nov 28, 2005.

1. KRAFTDOGG1

KRAFTDOGG1 New Member

I have a 3 yr old pitt and a 1 yr old pitt. The three yr old is reliably housebroken. The one year old is getting there. Now my problem is they both like to go the the bathroom in the basement. I let them outside, if it is
    wet out ill let them in the basement first to dry off. while they are down there they will usualy go. I have cleaned the floor with many solutions, including bleach and that expensive training aid. If I catch them in the act I will tell them no, and bring them right back outside. any suggestions ????[/img][/list][/url]

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Ive always used Natures Miracle to get rid of the urine, however if there has been a lot of urine there and the floor is porous you might need to use a sealant on the floor and keep the dogs away from it.

A couple of things come to mind here though, if the dogs are doing this just after theyve been outside then either the smell that is already there is 'encouraging' them to urinate again, or maybe they are not getting enough time outside to urinate. Have you ruled out any underlying bladder infections? Are they definately urinating outside? Is it possible to start putting them in another room to dry off where you can monitor them? Your not going to get a handle on it if your not there when they are urinating.

You might need to go back to basics with both of them (assuming the 3 year old is also urinating inside) which means going out with them (whatever the weather), giving them praise and a treat when they go in the right place....and not leaving them alone at any time unless they are crated. Are they crate trained?

3. KRAFTDOGG1

KRAFTDOGG1 New Member

Ok I guess it is more of marking situation. I have used the natures miracle
    with no success. I am planning on sealing the whole floor. I was just wondering if anyone else had this type of situation. Im hoping there is an easier and cheaper solution. I let them right down stairs only for a few minutes, just until they dry off. Its easier to clean that floor than my carpet. They wont go anywhere else in the house, they know to go outside. I have actually been down there with them when they look at me while they go.

4. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

You most likely need to go back to square one with both of them. I think they need to know again how things work. They should be able to be tought really fast. My 2 dogs always were easy to deal with. If the dogs do not follow the rules of the house you might need to research. there are many different dogs and each one has there own personalty(sp?). 8)