1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Verbal Dogs

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Do any of you guys have really verbal dogs?

Sarge is a nut. He is the most verbal dog I have ever been around. All you moms know how when you are shopping and your kids are acting up and you take their arm to get their attention, then they scream "your hurting me!" and everyone in the store looks at you like your a monster, and you KNOW that you did not hurt them? If Sarge does something he is not supposed to, like, oh, I don't know..... chew up my son's bumble bee floaty for the pool, and I catch him in the act, I will run out the back porch and yell "Sarge! No! Drop it!" and then walk over to pick it up and I say"No, Sarge! That's your boys toy, no no", and look stern, then he begins to wail and cry and yelp at me until I pet him to be sure we are still buddies. It is so embarassing! And everynight when I get home with the boys and let him out of his crate to go potty (he is in the crate from 11:15 a.m to 4:00), he comes back in and acts like a lunatic! Crying and howling the whole time I am petting him! Even while he PSYCHOTICALLY licks me he is yelping and crying!

We had been training him to bark when he wants out since he would just sit quietly in front of the door waiting for me to notice him, so now if I put my hand to my ear to motion for "I can't hear you" he will start barking like a fruitball! He is the craziest dog I have seen! :lol:

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You must get some video of this lunatic dog.... :)

Jamiya

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I am totally serious too! No embellishments here at all, he sounds like I am beating him! My mom was at my house the day of the floaty massacre (we call it Black Monday) and she was laughing so hard she was crying. She told me if the humane society ever gets called on me she will testify in court that it wasn't me that my dog is mentally ill!

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I think you're lucky. Nala could care less if I yell at her. She thinks it's all a game. *sigh*

Jamiya

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

We'll see how lucky if I end up in jail! :shock: Speaking of video..... I think Nala needs an on camera apperance as well.

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

7. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

What a beauty she is! Her coat is so shiny and lusterous. I'm jealous! She does not look like she tires easily....

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Tired? They're supposed to get tired? Weird. :shock:

Jamiya

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

#-o Why didn't I think of this sooner! I will lend you my 4 year old, he is the only thing on earth we have ever seent hat can tire out Sarge and my SIL' dog Nanook! When do you want him? I'm packing him up right now....

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL!!

11. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh Jamiya! I never saw that before. Thats too cool....

12. honeybears

honeybears New Member

they look like they were meant for each other!

honeybear

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

And now you see why I had to keep Bonnie. :)

Jamiya

14. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Harley is pretty verbal at times. Especially when company first walks in the door. She can't contain her excitement over it. She low growls and whines. I find it funny but first timers to the house can get weirded out over it. hehe gotta love our furbabies!!

15. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Rusty is a talker some of the time, but not as crazy as it sounds like Sarge gets. Rusty is very talkative when we are cuddly with him, and whem he first wakes up in the morning.... and he is a grumbler. He likes to grumble when he is tired and you try to do things with him. Doesn't growl or get nasty or anything.... just grumbles. But he does think he is talking sometimes. It's funny sometimes, he makes funny noises to us, I know he thinks he's saying the same things we are.

16. nern

nern New Member

LOL! I can just imagine what Sarge must sound like.

Natalie can be verbal at times but she's more moany than yelpy. She moans sometimes when its time to go outside, when she comes back in, when I talk or sing to her and even just when she's laying around.
    She hates being weighed at the vet and twice now when she saw the tech coming through the door to weigh her she backed up and started howling really loud. That was pretty embarressing but kind of funny too.

17. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

OMG you want to hear about a verbal dog. Let me introduce you to Jasmine and talking Husky. She "talks" all the time. When she is happy, mad, sad, sleepy, asleep, walking. The only time she shuts up is when you are petting her and when she is eating. I was dressing the little dogs up the other day and she would not hush so I asked her if she wanted a shirt and she started to wiggle her butt, so we put a shirt on her and she layed down happily. Now I know I have to buy her some clothes as I do not care for all the hair that gets on the inside of mine! But I swear most of the time its cute but can get quite annoying!

18. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:lol: Sarge's newest weirdness has been when I tell him "Sarge, come here", he has learned that command so well that, if he does not want to come, but he can't fight his instinct to obey the command, he will crawl on his belly all the way over to me and lowly howl like he is complaining the whole way over! I tell him not to back talk me and he will always do one more howl and then look away from me. Brat!

19. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL! Nala has some really weird sounds. If she is lying down in the house and then hears something outside, she will start "huffing" through her nose and then do this growly sort of thing - but it's really strange! I'll have to try to get it on tape sometime because there's no way to describe it!

Jamiya

20. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:lol: I think I may know what you mean Jamiya. The huffing thing for sure, but Sarge does that too, it starts with the huffing then it's a lowl growl/bark that almost sounds like he is trying to clear his throat! He kept doing it last night during our bad thunderstorms. He barked at the thunder ALL NIGHT!