1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

VERY OLD DOG!!! 27yrs.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by loves-da-pits, Jul 13, 2004.

1. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

2. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Wow thanks loves that was interesting.

3. nern

nern New Member

Wow, almost 27yrs old :shock: ....I can't even imagine that. Pretty remarkable.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

That is amazing! I had no idea any dog could ever live that long...Wowie!

5. Jody

Jody New Member

That is amazing. I hope Jasper and Miah live that long. :eek:

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

wow that is oooollllldddd. that dog was born a month after me, I can'T imagine a dog being my same age. I am picturing a really fat dog that has to waddle because he can'T walk so good anymore. But this dog sounds healthy (well they didn'T say anything unhealthy) I wish they had pics! This is one dog for the raw diet! eating kangaroo and emu!!

7. Jody

Jody New Member

Emu, Kangaroo or any other animal that was mentioned does not have any cholesterol in them, so I dare say this is the reason why he has lived for so long.

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I also bet he did not have yearly vaccinations or heartworm medication, etc.

Take a look at this info. about dogs "living longer" because of all our "improved" nutrition and healthcare:

So you see, we who are young (which includes everyone on this list) do not remember the days when dogs lived longer. We were raised to think that dogs live about 10 years and are "getting old" at 7 years. Our pets are dying younger and suffering in their quality of life and yet we think it's "normal".

Jamiya

9. Nik

Nik New Member

Around here we generally tend to think dogs live to 15-18 quite easily before we start refering to them as 'old'. The man who lives upstairs from me has a mongrel who'll be 22 in September. He's really struggling now, but only in an 'old man' way. His heart and everything else is in good shape, he just can't move like he used to. I do feel so sorry for him when I hear him trying to do the stairs tho, and some days he'll sit there for half an hour before taking the plunge... bless him.

10. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

WoW! Got ACD's! he he he..... Soo I knew my babies breed was good for something other than chasing cows!!! and in Charllottes case, running off with my panties!

11. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

wow! is that even possible. the oldest dog i ever knew was over 21, it was my moms dog when she was a growing up.

12. Nameless

Nameless New Member

27 years old! Dat is really crazy!

13. OneWolvesDream

sorry to bring up this old post. as i had said a bit above about my moms dog, turned out, it lived to be 25! not bad.

14. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Wow that is intresting. And a great post Jamiya. I sure dont remember those days but have heard about them. My poor Jassie is looking old at 6. We still feed kibble but its high grade. I have seriously been thinking about switching to raw. But right now its mostly a space factor and until I can afford another freezer we have to stay on kibble. Maybe I will start checking out yard sales and flea markets!

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

My sister mentioned her 4-year-old Golden is showing some gray already. And she is a breeder's dog - pet quality from good show lines. She eats Diamond brand from Costco.

Jamiya

16. Rene

Rene New Member

I remember when i was young my brother had a german shepard named little John (i dont know why cuz he was huge) my mom and i would go to the grocery store and she would always stop by the butcher and he would give us huge raw bones for him and he loved them.

ok now i'm showing my age :shock:

17. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

"Little John" of Robin Hood fame is also very large. :)

Jamiya

18. OneWolvesDream

19. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Rene said, "my brother had a german shepard named little John (i dont know why cuz he was huge)" so I pointed out that it was probably a reference to the Little John in the Robin Hood story, who is also huge.

Jamiya

20. OneWolvesDream

oo! ok, thanks.