1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Vet side effects

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Trixiepoo, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Yesterday morning Trixie went to the Animal Hospital to get her yearly medical checkup. She got a rabies, parvo/distemperament shot and a blood sample. This is her 1 yr old checkup. She didn't mind at all and was very happy coming home. Then she went for a walk. After we got home about 10 min. l8er she started freaking out like she was irritated by something and rolling her face into the ground. ( :?: ) We found a tick on her (she is wearing frontline) we got it off but she was still irritated. For the rest of the day she slept and was not looking too good. Then this morning she seemed fine but then she threw up alot on the floor and was shivering. I was in school and my mom was home w/ her but then my mom went out for an hour or so and then I came home and she was alot better. Is this normal side effects??? (My mom's friend's dog who is a shih tzu had even worse side effects did this happen to anyone else)

2. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

[​IMG]

-Here's a cute pic of her too. (her hair is getting sooo long. goin 4 a haircut soon

3. nern

nern New Member

I don't think thats normal I don't recall either of mine getting sick after their vet visits. Maybe you can contact the vet and see what they think might have caused this?
    She is a little beauty. I love the red bow in her hair. :wink:

4. Mix Breed lover

Mix Breed lover New Member

My sister had a cat that almost died after vaccinations. She was allergic to them. I agree with nern. The vet should be able to tell you what's wrong. Trixie is beautiful.

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

She could very well be having reactions to the vaccinations. Giving too many vaccines at one time can be harmful to your pet. I never allow more than one vaccination to be given at one time. (unless its the caninevac that has 7way)
    Rabies vac alone can make a dog have an upset stomach, loss of appetite.

I would definately call you vet and scedual another check up.
    You said you found a tick. What kind was it? It could be lymes disease. But it wouldn't show up for at least 2 weeks.... I would have her checked just to be safe.

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

trixie is adorable! it is probably side effects from the shot and as Sam said, give the shots at different timesso the dog isnt overloaded with meds.

honeybear

7. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Ok She is back to normal now so I guess it just upset her. And about the tick it was just on her not in her or anything. I just wasn't sure if that was why she was rolling on the ground :mrgreen: