1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Video of Musti, the guest cat.

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Bente

Bente New Member

I don't know if you remember, but about a year ago we had a cat named Musti living with us. It was my friend's mother's cat, and we were taking care of her for a couple of months. I just posted this video of her on YouTube. I don't think I've posted it here earlier, so here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULnpTAJJ_r4

She is the most loving cat I've ever met, and I really miss her. I don't think she has the best home: when she came to us her fur was full of mats, and she seemed sick. But she got better as she was living with us. A couple of months ago I got a text message from the owner asking if I wanted Musti. I had to say no, because I'm not sure I have the money or the time to take care of two cats, but I gave her the number to animal rescue and to a shelter. The answer I got was "well, then we might have to put her to sleep....". :m3: This has really been bothering me, and now I don't even know if she is alive. I haven't seen my friend in a while, but I guess I'll give her a call and ask about the cat tomorrow.

This got a bit long, I was really just going to post the video. Sorry about that, I guess I just had to get it of my chest :mrgreen:

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

What a great video!!! what a cutie and such a loud purr I love it.

I sure hope that she gave Musti up for re-homing!!! Sucha love I don't understand why she would put Musti to sleep that's horrible!!!

3. vene

vene New Member

She's a lover kitty- so precious! :eek:

I pray that she's safe and sound.

4. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Musti is a beautiful and sweet looking kitty. I really hope she is all right, too. I don't remember seeing this video before.

Maybe you can let us know if you find out what happened to her.

5. Ginny

Ginny New Member

She looks absolutely gorgeous! Will keep my eye on your post to see if you find out what has happened to her.

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

OMG, she is SO sweet...is there no way that you could take her just for a couple of weeks while you arrange the rescue or shelter?

If I rubbed Boogers belly like that she'd KILL me LOL

7. Bente

Bente New Member

They had her put to sleep a long time ago :cry: I just found out yesterday. They were living in their caravan all summer and couldn't have her there. When they were in the same situation last year they had her in a kennel, but she didn't like it and stopped eating (that's why she came to live with us).

So when nobody could take her this year, they decided to put her to sleep. What bugs me is that I know they didn't do all they could have done for her. They may have asked friends and family to take her, but I know these people: no way they called animal rescue or the shelter, like I adviced them to :m3:

At least they had the decency to take her to the vet and do it in a humane way, and not just leave her behind like so many others do.

Rest in peace Musti, I miss you.

8. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

:m3: :m3: :m3:
    That is just horrible!! I just don't understand how people can just go and do something like that to such a wonderful cat!!!! Sorry but when you take on the responsibility of pet ownership it is to the end of their natural life!!! If you are unable to carry out that responsibility you need to take them to a shelter to allow them a chance at having a new home.

Bente I am sorry to hear about her and yes at least they did take her to a vet to have it done but still.....

Rest In Peace Musti!! You are missed and we hope that you are living it up with no worries!!!

9. Lovemykitties!

Lovemykitties! New Member

People like that should be put to sleep IMO. If you do not behave humanely, then you are less than a human being. Pets are not objects to be tossed away when they are no longer fun or convenient.
    ...and people wonder why I like animals more than some people.

:x

10. vene

vene New Member

Big hugs for you Bente. Musti, RIP. You are very loved and will always be remembered.