1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

vomiting

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by heaven, Mar 30, 2004.

1. heaven

heaven New Member

hi, i have a 5 month old puppy...she was fine all day but this afternoon she started vomiting....first time was food but the other 3 times seems to be bile....what do i do? do i take her to the vet immediately or should i wait and watch her......i panic when anything happens to my baby!! she's been sleeping past few hours...she seems really wiped out now

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely if she is still lethargic and vomiting tomorrow get her to your vet.
    It could be parvo and the quicker you get it diagnosed the better off she will be. Most puppies who get parvo end up dying from dehydration.
    If it is parvo yur vet will most likely give her an IV w/fluids/antibiotics.
    My vet inserted the catheter and sent me home with the fluids and antibiotics to administer to the puppy myself which cut down on the vet bill and it's very simple to do. If it is parvo I would ask about administering the medicine youreslf because most vets will not volunteer that info.
    You can also get some pedialyte and give it them with a syringe only acouple cc's every 2 hours or so just to help keep her hydrated.
    Good Luck To You.
    Keep us posted on how she's doing.

3. heaven

heaven New Member

she just perked up alittle and i took her outside...she had what looks like bark from a tree mixed in with her poop