1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Pull Questions Please Help

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by teighlor_d, Feb 23, 2006.

1. teighlor_d

teighlor_d New Member

I have taken up the care of a 4 week old pupppy in which I named Mugan. He is a beautiful dog (a husky/amer. staffy) with a fiesty side to him. I have already made him a make shift harness and for a few seconds let him drag an empty milk jug just to see how he took to it and he didn't seem to mind at all. I would love when he is 5 months to start seriously training him for weight pull trails but there is so much I don't know still despite my research. I know he will need a speacial harness but I have no idea where to find a pull trail near me. I live in AR and the closest one I could find was in Hutto Texas which isn't that bad but I wonder where I could find on even closer. I would love some advice not only about searching for locations but for everything about weight trails.

Also I have another dog named Dagger, and he is a basset hound mix that is 2, nearly 3 years old. I was wondering if he would be a proper breed to enter because Basset's are very weak backed, but he is mix so he is taller but still long.

2. robbie

robbie New Member

weight pulls . .

I was just at a weight pull in arkansas a couple of weeks ago, Pine Bluff. It was there first one to do there (UPF) and it was also my first pull to go and compete at, it was a great time. There is all kinds of pulls in Texas, Oklahoma has quite a few too. There is one I am going to in Pauls valley Ok. in about two weeks. i will post some links to the sites taht have schedules later when I get the time to write it all down. Just remember to take it slow and be patience and consistent and I am sure you will do fine. Thats my 2 cents.

Robbie Anderson