1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Well I am back from visiting the pups!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by doggielover, Oct 6, 2004.

1. doggielover

doggielover New Member

Well, I was really excited about visiting the pups and now i am back very disappointed. I didn't realize how difficult is it to look for a reputable breeder. Just like Gwen said, I asked her if there was a health gaurantee and she said yes, they have had their vet check! Basically after they are sold she won't refund them even if there is something wrong with pup (she says it just isn't possible). The pups were really cute, we wanted a female, and there was only one female, she was really strange, she didn't play with any of the other pups, and she kept jumping at things in the air as if to catch something. The parents were really aggressive they wouldn't let us come in so they had to be put in their crate. the breeder was being really pushy, my hubby (to be very soon), just wanted a pup real bad but I just couldn't convince myself. The mother was suppose to be a shih tzu but didn't look like one at all!!! She looked more like a havanese. I am really upset, I can't believe that people who breed these dogs have less knowledge than people who buy them!

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

WOW, I'm really glad you went and visited this "breeder" and were able to see and experience all that first-hand!!! There were some obvious HUGE red flags, and I'm happy to hear that you caught on to that, and made the best decision not to purchase a pup from this person...excellent decision!

I'm sorry to hear that it was such a disappointment, but like I said before, it's good that you saw all this before making your decision to get a pup from this person or not...I mean, imagine if you didn't know and see "the truth" behind this breeder, and you bought a pup from her w/out knowing all that! :shock:

Don't get too discouraged, a lot of us have been through it, and even though it's not easy finding a high-quality, reputable breeder, they are out there, and once you get your puppy (from a good breeder), you'll soon realize that the long and not-so-easy search was all worth it! :y_the_best:

:D

3. Blessed

Blessed New Member

Gosh, I'm really sorry it didn't work out for you. But you know, it's really hard to walk away from an adorable little pup (allbeit strange in behavior). But you did the right thing. And as I have always told my kids "doing the right thing is often the hardest thing to do. But afterwards, you're always glad you did it."

You'll be blessed. Hang in there. Somewhere out there is a beautiful little dog waiting for you to come and take him/her home. :)

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

You did the right thing. You always have to just go with your gut feeling, even if things sometimes makes sence. Don't settle for a cute pup if its acting strange. Aggressive parents can mean an aggressive pup and if you have children it could be bad news.

5. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I'm sorry that it didn't work out.. but, as the others said, better to find out now rather than later! This is why it's so important to do your research. I'm sure it was hard walking away.. but, you did the right thing AND your precious furbaby is still out there waiting for you! :eek:

6. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

You went with your instincts and not with the "but they're so cute" urge.....good for you!
    You'll find the right puppy and breeder for you yet....

7. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

Your experience reminds us all how important it is to make a HOME VISIT when selecting your puppy. Yes, I agree - your instincts were great. Better a little disappointment now, then having a handful of problems to deal with for the next fifteen years.

My peke breeder was the best. I met the family, all the little peke brothers & sisters, and could see the experience and caring in my breeder. That's made ALL the difference, because my little girl peke is so well socialized and healthy. That's what you're looking for.

Hat's off to you - and there's a precious healthy well socialized puppy out there with your name on him/her!!

8. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

You're so very right, Pekemom, excellent point...it's sad to say, but you simply can't rely on, and unfortunately, trust, just the breeder's word and pictures alone!!! :y_the_best:

:D