1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Well Shines in Heat

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by ChinookLover89, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ChinookLover89

ChinookLover89 New Member

Well when i went to let the dogs out of their crates I found Shine in heat finally. Trust me its been a long wait and alot of money testing her and Hulk to be sure their a perfect match health wise. I decided to take Shine to the vet to have her checked over one last time and get the official OK that she is ready to be bred. She's been seperated from the other dogs through out the rest of the morning just so Harley or Noah don't cover her and also I decided to do a short run and get the rest of the morning chores done. I have bred before but im always nervouse so I invited my mum and dad over to be here during the process just in case something goes wrong (they should actually be here in an hour or so). And so Im getting the room ready and just getting prepared. I have actually had homes for these puppies lined up since Shine turn three (she's four now) and i have called the potential owners today to let them know that she's in heat and we're hoping he gets her pregnant. Im nervouse but excited (as always). You know you can grow up around it and do it yourself and sometimes it just alwasy feels like the first time. Well im gonna go [-o<

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Keep us updated!!! Gets me all excited thinking about doing this for the first time myself...LOL... That's a bit down the road but...been thinking about it and working it all out for years now...the wait is killing me I know it...LOL... Definately tell us how it goes and please KNOW that puppy pictures are MADATORY on this forum!

3. ChinookLover89

The deed is done

Well its done :eek: . It went rather smoothly actually which i was happy about. After the deed was done and they were no longer tied i took Hulk out of the room (its known as the puppy room its a carpeted ex-laundry room where i do breeding and keep it as an area for welping) and sat with Shine for a bit. I just checked her over made sure she was ok and every thing was right. Gave her some food and water made up the welping/dog bed for her to sleep in. I then went to check on Hulk and he was all good too. As long as they still do good for the rest of the day and night I will put them together again tomarow. So im excited and hoping she's pregnant and hoping that if she is when she does have these pups they will turn out healthy and happy.

4. Sara

Sara New Member

HOW exciting!!!! Glad it all went smoothly... How many times will you let them tie in the next week??? All week you think? Just curious really... LOL

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi good luck and hope all goes to plan..
    Its best to wait 48hours before putting them together again but this is just a general rule and does not have to be followed.

I allow the my dogs together day 11 and then day 13 of her cycle the sperm can live in the uterus for upto 7days 10days for top quality sperm it takes 48hours for the eggs to rippen and fertilise..

If you do not already have it i suggest getting the Book Of The Bitch its every dog breeders bible and trust me it gives hours of reading you can buy it from www.amazon.com its a must read it tells you everything you need to know and more.

You can have her palpated at till around 27days but this is advised against since the pups are very vulnerable at this time an ultasound scan can be done around 35days after the last mating and if the vet is experienced in doing the scan will be able to tell you how many whelps there is aswell as any signs of reabsorption of any whelps....

Again good luck and hope all goes well...
    Like Sara says puppy pictures are MANDATORY lol

Mike

6. ChinookLover89

thanks you two

i actually do have that book I had actually got it when i very first got into and considered breeding Chinooks on my own. It is very helpfull book and i alwasy have it on hand just for refrence.