1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

We're going to go get Harley a friend.....

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Aug 25, 2008.

1. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well......Been thinking about this for several months now... Harley really picks on Patches something fierce.... She's 11 years old and really doesn't want to play as rough as he wants being just over 1 year old. She just rolls over and screams and kicks him alittle... Until one of us goes and saves her from the beast.... :cry:

So I think we've decided that we are going to go visit the local humane society and get him a play buddy....one that will be able to keep up with him. Didn't really want 3 cats in my condo along with Buster but also need to try and save Patches. And make her remaining time more relaxing..Hopefully this doesn't backfire but I'm thinking that it will take some of the heat off of her.

Of course I will post pictures when our little addition comes home... :mrgreen:

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well we went and looked but none looked like they were Harley material. We'll keep looking for a friend and play buddy for Harley. It needs to be a good match for our family.

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Cool. Looking forward to seeing who you come home with!

4. Bente

Bente New Member

Good luck finding Harley a new playmate! I think you're doing the right thing, Patches will be forever gratefull :mrgreen:

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thanks I've found a few that were all over the place like most kittens are but they were already adopted..... bummer.... we'll find the right one for him.

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Yes, let us know when you get a new cat.

7. Lovemykitties!

Lovemykitties! New Member

New pets are so exciting! :eek:

8. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I'm Soo Excited!!!!! Just adopted a new kitten for Harley!!!! No pictures yet and he can't come home until tomorrow....

He is 2 months old today, black to charcoal black with faint stripes down his back!!! He is getting fixed tomorrow so I can pick him up at 4pm.

It was painstakenly long waiting to see him!!! I watched him get looked at twice I just prayed that he was too much for them, I guess he was he was meant to go home with me.

He was one of few that would run around, climb on the toys, attack other unsuspecting kitties tails..... then I find out that the name they gave him was "Krafty" :mrgreen: yes he is. It will be fun figuring out a new name for him with the BF.

I will of course post pictures of him tomorrow. YEA!!!!!!! Got any suggestions for names....

9. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Ok so here are the first pictures of our new baby we have decided on a name Chopper....... He is tiny he is only 1.3 pounds!!!!
    When I brought him home and started the introductions I was surrounded by Buster, Harley and Patches it was quite funny..... It will take some time for everyone to settle down they kinda are just alot of hissing happening......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Lovemykitties!

Lovemykitties! New Member

Awwwwww!!! SO CUTE!!

11. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

What a cutie little kitty. Best of luck.

12. Bente

Bente New Member

He is adorable! :eek: good luck with the new family member :)

13. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Everyone is adjusting well. Patches is just being a cranky old lady hissing at him, he just walks away. Harley and Chopper are getting to be buds that's what the plan was. Yea!!! I'll post some pictures later if I remember

14. vene

vene New Member

Congrats! What a cute little tike! That's so fast that Harley and Chopper are getting along so well. Pumpkin was the same way whenver new kittens arrived. She hissed and pouted for a very, very long time. :mrgreen: Love to see more pics! :eek:

15. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

thank you Chopper is adjusting to being here. He has guts I'll say that he wants to play rough with Harley but Harley is not quite sure how to act with him yet and backs off..... :mrgreen: Never thought I'd see Harley back down.....

Patches is still upset and is sulking and growls at me.....but sleeps next to me so she must not be too mad at me...... Hope she settles down a bit and relaxes some. Harley has not attacked her since Chopper came home.....

Chase pictures.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

for some reason I can't get these straight....they show up straight in photobucket.....but not when I post them.... strange....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. vene

vene New Member

Great pics, so funny. I love the third pic! :mrgreen: Patches is Queen so Chopper won't mess with her. Btw, we have the same chairs. :p

17. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

He he In that 3rd picture Harley was in process of backing up :eek: they are starting to tackle eachother and kick it is soo cute!!!

weird those cat post pictures are now straight...... sometimes photobucket is strange.

:mrgreen: that's funny that we have the same chairs Vene!!! chopper loves those chairs toooooooo much he scratches them I think he likes the texture so this is going to be interesting in getting him to stop that habit. Bad little kitty.......

18. vene

vene New Member

Ha, ha, ha, Harley found his nemesis. :mrgreen:

Our chairs are only on display in the dining room that no one uses. :mrgreen: Pumpkin used to scratch those seats and we'd tell her no, no. I don't think that's going to work on Chopper, lol. You might want to try some double sided sticky tape or bitter apple sprays or citrus sprays until he gets used to not going on the chairs. It would be difficult to replace the fabrics on them. Is there such a thing as time out for cats and kittens? :p

19. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Yes Harley did find his match!!!! Chopper loves playing with him and his nice big fluffy tail!!!!!! they are great for eachother and Patches is getting the benefit..... She is coming around with me so that's nice.... She sleeps next to me and is eating better again (she wasn't eating alot when Chopper came home too nervous I imagine).

That's a good idea Vene I had forgotten about the sprays that I can get I have to go the pet store anyways for more kitten food and patches food so I'll have to pick some up.

Yes the fabric on those chairs I have never seen anywhere else. That kitchen set was my late husband's so I wouldn't even know where to replace it. I do have a extra piece but that's it. I would be upset with the little one if he tore it all up with the sentimental value to them and all.

He's learning quickly just is being kitten stubborn...... He is learning that the squirt bottle is filled with this wet stuff and it does stop him..... :eek: at first he couldn't care less now he questions where it came from.

20. vene

vene New Member

I'm glad the squirt bottle is working. :eek: Some people use that puff of air sprays. Chopper is smart. Make sure he doesn't associate you with the squirt bottle. :mrgreen:

That's a beautiful kitchen set. I'm sure your late husband won't mind one bit if chopper shredds it. He might be amused.

Yay for Patches feeling and eating better and getting lots of private time with mommy! :eek: