1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Westminster dog show is here

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Feb 15, 2005.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

just a reminder, its on tonight and tomorrow, cant wait!!

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

3. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I'll be watching also. Big ol' Josh, the Newfie, was a great champion last year. It was good to see a really BIG dog win one. Don't think it will happen this year though. Labs aren't showy enough to have a chance so after the Lab is eliminated I'm pulling for the Bloodhound "Knotty". I think it's the same dog that won this years Eukanuba show. That would be a fun winner.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I am partial to the newfie too, this one is white, but I do like the sussex spaniel, have seen him in past shows, he does have a personality

I just did a search on others they have as possible top dog, the colored bull terrier, (thats the Target dog) the otterhound, looks like a big mutt to me.

5. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I think the white "Newfie" you are refering to in the article on this years picks is actually a Great Pyrenees named 'Fame". Beautiful dog. All of the photos are in the USA Todat Sports section.

6. Sara

Sara New Member

I'm a Pyr fan I'd love to hear of them winning some stuff!!! I wondered if it was a Pyr rather than a Newfie...I don't think white is allowed in that breed...I know nothing about Newfies though...LOL

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

you are right its a great pyr, whic I love too, they do resembel a newfie. I thought newfies came in white too, i could be mixing them up with great pyr.

I really thinkg the pek or poodle will win all though, very few large dogs win

8. Maori

Maori New Member

We were jumping up and down when the judge did the 1,2,3,4 knowing that Fame got # 1 Working Group, our 5 pyrs were giving us the "pyr paw" left right and center when Fame won . The whole working best of breed group was so astonishing. We then watched up until the Norfolk won the terrier group before our eyes gave out to snoreland. lol. Def be having popcorn tonight for the BIS outcome.
    Here is Caleb, Frosty and Holly, 3 of our 5 Pyrs.

Holly ( Our 5 Year old we got before the owner was going to give her up to the pound )

[​IMG]

Frosty ( 1 & Half year we got from the pound, He was only 67lbs when we adopted him. Now a healthy 102lbs )

[​IMG]

And our Misfit Caleb protecting his 2 foot "hole" from the evils of the world. lol

[​IMG]

9. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

The Peke won the Toy group. and the Tibetan Terrier won the non-sporting group.
    Tonight are my favorites the Sporting Group, the Hound Group and the Herding Group.
    Maori,
    Beautiful dogs but how in the world do you keep Caleb white? :D
    The only Pyr's I have met were pure white so now I know some have color accents like Holly. I noticed that Fame, the winner last night was tinged in places with a fawn color.

10. Maori

Maori New Member

Thanks i just read the updates on WKC site wish i could of stayed up but the groups tonight are also the groups i am looking foward to.

Actually i dont belive we have given Caleb a bath yet. That pic was taken last christmas and before that pic he had his last bath about 5 months prior. Him and all our pyrs have the "double coat" and when they have a mud bath romp while and after it rains. the dirt just falls off as it really never gets down to the skin. We still groom once a week to get any leaves but the dirt just falls off thier coat on the floor which is normally inside the home or in thier "Az Room Palace" wherever they decide to blop see below for example.

Yeah Pyrs come in all white, Badger or Wolf Gray markings.

Holly also has a patch of dark grey on her rump. Our other Pyr "Jingles" has soft badger/fawn markings on the ending points of her ears. When we got her as a pup she had very dark markings but all faded except those points. She is almost 2 now.

Before- Beta aka Bubba Gump.

[​IMG]

Jingles

[​IMG]

24hrs later ( self dry ).

[​IMG]

11. honeybears

honeybears New Member

wahhh I missed it, it said it cam on at 8:00, not in Calif Maori, your dogs are beautiful, I always thougt they had the build of of a newfie, but they look leaner, and taller

honeybear

12. Maori

Maori New Member

They have the opening night replay today at 11a which would be 10a your time.