1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

wet food? i dont know

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Jul 25, 2005.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

Im not sure what to do. Ever since I got Hyde he hasnt been to enthusiastic about food, he definitly isnt sick, he does eat, just not as much as he should be for such a young guy. I can get him to eat all his food if i mix it with a little of wet. I know wet food isnt recomended but is it ok to give a little to Hyde with his dry so he eats and then slowly wean him off later?(Hydes 11 weeks by the way)

I did this with Syd when she was a puppy and i didnt have a problem, but then agian Syd always ate all her food from day 1. Im worried he might get picky, but im also worried he wont get all the nutrients he needs if he doesnt eat all his food.

And how long are you suppose to feed a puppy 3 meals? Would Hyde be more willing to eat if he only ate 2 times a day? is that not good? I only want to do whats good for Hyde. So if im doing it right or wrong or if you guys have some suggstions please let me know, thanks a lot!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Hes still just a young pup so I would give him a little canned food if it encourages him to eat, or you could try adding warm water to the dry, the heat will bring out the scent more and if you let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes it will also soften the food for him a bit, Ive used warm water, warmed chicken broth, beef broth and occasionally canned, the main things is for him to eat, the amount of feedings per day can vary from dog to dog, some at this age may only need 2 good portions a day, some are still at 3 or even 4 times a day, Id try a good feed in the morning, maybe a little snack (maybe a quarter of his food serving that youve been giving him) around midday and then another good feed in the evening, if he isnt eating the second proper (full) feed then cut out the snack....as long as he is active, happy and healthy, gaining weight and growing well he should be fine.