1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What are the best snacks to give to your puppy?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by LadyT, Apr 8, 2005.

1. LadyT

LadyT New Member

I go into Petco and its all the same to me :lol: . I dont know if I should give him beef or bacon flavored. Im just confused on whats the best dog snack to give my dog Dreamer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Fresh vegetables like carrots, grean beans, and peas, fresh fruit slices of apple, banana, or pears are good, low calorie treats.

The treats you can buy at pet stores can be high in fat and carbohydrates, have a lot of artificial flavors and preservatives, and can lead to obesity and allergic reactions. But one treat your pup may really enjoy that shouldn't cause a problem are Greenies.

Another thing you might try is to take chicken livers and gizzards, boil them for about 5 minutes, then put them on a baking sheet and dry them in the oven at 200 degrees until they're completely dry and crumbly. The gizzards will probably get tough, like shoe leather, but that's ok. They make great, natural chew treats. But don't overdo it. Keep them in the freezer to use as special treats.

Last of all, many dogs enjoy ice cubes, especially in hot weather. Just be sure they aren't burying them in the furniture for later use, LOL.

3. LadyT

LadyT New Member

Thank you soo much for all the info. Dreamer does eat on ice cubes now, but I will start feeding him those snacks, cuz Im sure he's sick of just his dog food. oh Im scared to cook those gizzards :lol:

4. WinniPoo

WinniPoo New Member

my dogs love rice cakes.......