1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What betta type of food?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by betta lover, Jan 21, 2005.

1. betta lover

betta lover New Member

What type of betta food do you guys recamend? I feed my betta Amythis betta bits and tropical flacks. What other types of betta food are good for bettas?

2. erin

erin New Member

I have never heard of tropical flacks? what do they look like?
    .... my bettas like the lil pellets I give them flakes once in a while but I dont think they like it that much?
    i wonder if they would eat lettuce? :m16:

3. betta lover

betta lover New Member

I feed him this brand of Flakes [​IMG]

4. erin

erin New Member

I cant see the photo :cry: i tried right clicking but it didn't work.

5. betta lover

betta lover New Member

Somethings wrong with the picture right now. :lol:

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

one type of food that bettas absolutely love are bloodworms. you could go buy a container of freezedried ones.

7. erin

erin New Member

I tried that and they would sink fast and then my lil guy couldn't eat it. :cry: thats why i feed him pellets.

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

oh, alrite....well i do know that these are only supposed to be sued as treat, but if they are available maybe try live brine shrimp every once in a while. all my fish love chasing after live brine.

9. betta lover

betta lover New Member

How much are brine, and do betta's eat them alive? :m16:

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well, at my LFS live brine shrimp is about 1 dollar per 2 tablespoons....seems like a small amount, but tehy last for days even a week.... all fish that i have ever owned including beta will eat live brine shrimp, plus its cool watching them chase after the little guys.....you may know live brine shrimp as "sea monkeys".

11. betta lover

betta lover New Member

That sounds like one of those Bunny and Clid shows where they try to get away from the cops. This I gota see.

12. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

ok, a good idea is to not put them all in at once, have them in a different container such as a spare plastic bowl....also, when you dump them in watch the water current....sometimes if its too strong, they will be sucked up into the filter....if this happens, jsut turn off the filter until they are done feeding otherwise its a waste of money. those little guys could never compete with the filters currents.

13. betta lover

betta lover New Member

My beta doesn't have a filtter in his tank.

14. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

oh alrite....yea, then just get a few....what i do is some of them in a dixie cup then dump that into the water.

15. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

My bettas get HBH Betta Bites (3 pellets in the morning & 3 in the evening). I do have some frozen blood worms, but I'm a little allergic to them so I don't use them very often.

-Chelle

16. M_wm

M_wm New Member

My betta used to love blood worms, fruit flys, and betta pellets :y_the_best: I want another betta now

17. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Oh, and in the summer, sometimes I'll leave a dish of water sitting outside. After a couple days it has some nice, yummy mosquito larvae.

-Chelle