1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What brand of food do you feed your dog?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by LucyLu, Dec 16, 2004.

1. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

What brand of food do you feed your dog?

2. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Innova dry

3. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

Right now I am feeding a mixture of Nutro puppy with Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul.....as I am planning on switching over completely to Chicken Soup.
    I still mix a bit of wet Nutro with it, if I don't her poos get kinda hard...

4. nern

nern New Member

Both of mine eat Timberwolf Organics.

5. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

lamb and rice purnia one (dry) and canned pedigree lamb and rice.

6. WinniPoo

WinniPoo New Member

My vet recommends Science Diet puppy small bites. I know a of people seem to disagree with this from reading past post. But I trust my vet completely.

7. ShowandAgilityPaps

ShowandAgilityPaps New Member

Mostly beef, chicken and pork with an assortment of veggies. Sometimes I will add eggs, rice, or cottage cheese. For dessert I give fruits.

Kibble brands I feed are Flint River Ranch or Innova. I am now trying the Innova Evo and the Karma brand which is all organic.

For treats I give organ meats such as liver or heart. On occation I will give all natural cookies that I buy locally at the pet cafe.

8. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Life's Abundance dry dog food.

9. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I use to give my baby Science Diet and then changed to Chicken soup and she seems to do SO much better on it. She used to poo ALL the time on SD and now she will only 1-2 times a day. Much less!!! I will also mix in some cottage cheese as a treat from time to time. She loves that!

10. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

Authority, chicken and rice... and the occassional can of wet food (same brand)

11. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

Rosie eats a mix of Pedigree pupp wet food (flavours vary) & a new dry food made of rice that we got in a sample bag. Before the new dry food she was eating pedigree puppy Chicken & Vegetable dry food. :wink:

12. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

I've heard that Natural Balance is really good too...in fact, I just ordered some to give it a try.

13. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

We used to use Innova, but I realized sasha's tear staining may be because of it. So past few months they have been on Natural balance. No more tear staining. Lilly my pup is on chicken soup-natural balance. Soon all natural balance. As soon as I added the N.B. her poops already are firmer. Too soft on chicken soup.

14. stravieso

stravieso New Member

Bella is on Innova and she has horrible tear stains. Does Chicken Soup cause tear stains too? Or do you recommend Natural Balance?

15. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Well before we had our dogs on Innova, my poodle had no tear stains. She's off it now, on Natural Balance, no staining. Chicken soup is a good brand, but we are weaning my pup off it, loose stools,gas, and tear staining. She loved the N.B. another thing about Chicken soup is it is very much alike the Innova. Maybe small dogs just have a problems with those two. Too rich maybe for the smaller breeds. I suggest N.B. ,Yes. I am no professional, just see what my dogs have been thru.

16. stravieso

stravieso New Member

I'll try the natural balance. I have a Maltese so I understand the problems with tearstaining. Thanks for the info!

17. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

No problemo. :wink: