1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I just got a new webcam!! So excited. this thing is just awsome. Anyhow, I've been doing a lot of video's of the girls and their training. Would anyone be intrested in viewing them? I could post the video here if yall want.

Also, if anyone is intrested, I can do live training help. All you need is Yahoo Instant Messaging. My log in is Samsintentions22

Let me know and I'd be glad to demonstrate things for anyone, or just have fun showing off our dogs! Would love to see others dogs on cam if any of you have it!

*see told you I came up w/ silly ideas!

2. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Sam:
    I think its a great idea. However, I must tell you this. I have many private obedience training clients.
    For each particular dog the behavior modification techniques given are so different due to the fact that each dog as well as each owner is different.
    That is why its so hard to give advice on forums on dogs behavior unless it is SOOO BLACK AND WHITE!
    So, I usually don't give any training advice on the forums. I much rather prefer to meet the people in person and evaluate the situation myself.
    I will give you a perfect example of today's blog for me.
    My husband and I went to the clients house to evaluate a dog that won't allow people to enter his home. The dog has severe territorial aggression along with posession aggression of his person.
    The behavior modification plan used was NILIF w/ a combination of desensitizing the dog to strangers by getting the owner to get the dog to focus on him and getting him desensitized to strangers by having the owner take charge of the situation.
    The problem not addressed during the initial phone conversation was that the owner had recently suffered ill health and the dog was a huge part of the rehab and the owners life. The owner basically not realizing it made the dog possessive of him as well as others. The owner not realizing it made the dog alpha of the household and not himself.
    The dog also was a Katrinna victim and had suffered a tremendous amount of distress in his life as well.
    I would have never gotten this info from the phone call or IM.
    So not realizing the entire story, I probably easily could have given different advice.
    I also did another consult today with a dog that has severe dominance aggression. The only info I got on the phone was the dog was an extreme jumper. there was soooo much more to the picture that the owner did not even realize. The owner needs to make sure that the dog doesn't try to dominate her or she doesn't give a correction in the wrong format or the dog will probably bite her.
    I guess to make a long story short, Its pretty hard to give percise advice over the internet or phone calls without being able to actually evaluate in person and get a feel for the entire picture. To add to this situation, the dog is extremily dominant and I would have not know that if I myself did not temperament test the dog.
    You don't want to give the wrong advice to a person and send them on entire different direction of where they need to be.
    Especially if it is aggression issues or the dog has a bite history which they may or may not tell you.
    Basically just be careful in the advice that you give! Get the ENTIRE picture and ask as many questions as you can.
    Good luck to you.
    Sue

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

guess I wasn't clear enough... just tips. Like what I do with my dogs, that kinda thing! LOL... that way ppl can actually see what it's like. And what it looks like for your dogs to correctly execute the techniquel.
    LOL..