1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What do you stuff your dog's kong with?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by boricuaqueen327, Apr 12, 2005.

1. boricuaqueen327

boricuaqueen327 New Member

I usually use peanut butter and dog biscuits or kibble soaked in chicken broth and frozen. What do you guys use? I am looking for more creative recipes as my puppy LOVES his kong!

2. nern

nern New Member

I've used peanut butter and cream cheese with treats. I think frozen canned food might work well too.

This site has more kong stuffing ideas:

http://www.flbr.org/kong.html

3. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I always stuff the boys Kongs with several different sizes of treats. I have a set way I can most effectively lodge the treats into the Kong to give them a workout. They have both figured out that the best way to get the treat out is to bang it on the floor. As they usually get their Kongs when I put them in their crates and this makes for quite a racket but they are having fun.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You should photograph the process and post it for our educational benefit. :)

I have yet to discover a way to pack a Kong that takes Nala more than 10 minutes to finish it off.

5. boricuaqueen327

boricuaqueen327 New Member

great idea! thank you...

I stuffed my pup's kong with different sized treats and it worked super good. Well too good actually, after an hour he still had 2 stuck inside so I had to help a little...anyway, this is what I used:

1 chew stick (thin enough to poke a tiny bit out of the little hole)
    medium sized biscuits
    small biscuits
    1 teaspoon peanut butter
    kibble

I put the stick in first and poked a tiny piece out of the smaller hole, then I put the kibble in, then the two medium biscuits inside, crossed in a x shape, and then lodged the two smaller biscuits crosed as well, and covered the hole with peanut butter. It took him a good hour to get it semi empty and he just had the two medium biscuits left, which i turned a little and he got out after a few more minutes.

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'll have to try it sometime!

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

For Smokey, I like to take small bits of meat and freeze it in chicken stock or beef stock....

Peanut butter works good, as well as the kong stuffers stuf.
    their favorite is frozen gatoraid.....

8. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I love to freeze peanut butter with apple sauce i ice trays and stuff them in Harley's kong.

Even better I will fill the kong with peanut butter and put it in the freezer overnight so when I leave for school/work I know she'll be occupied for a while.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I do the frozen peanut butter thing, but it doesn't take the girls long to finish it off and it's too much peanut butter for them to have on a regular basis.