1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What If

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by 2pyrs, Apr 21, 2004.

1. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

This past winter I had a real bad heart attack. They had to stop my heart and restart it because it was beating to fast 150 per min. Well I made it back but it took it's toll on me and my wife taking care of me and it was very hard on our dogs. It made us sit up and look at the hole picture. What if we can't be there for them, what if we are gone ?
    Since then we have set up homes for our guys and a trust fund to take care of them. Our son well take one of the five we have if he can, (apartment life). Rescue well do most of the work for the other 2, we found homes for the remainder. I know it's something we don't like to think about but it is real, it is life and we all need to give it some thought. As the years tick down for us we have decided not to replace any of our guys as they leave us. Maybe one, only long as we know it well end up with our son or a good home. I was wondering what others here have set up ?

2pyrs

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I've recently made plans for this very same thing.....

my dog, who is 10 and not well, will be PTS and has ashes go with mine. It sounds horrible but I know no one is going to continue with the care I've given this dog (or spend the money I've spent unbeknownst to my hubby).

My oldest son, who will get custody of my youngest son, will also get my bluepoint siamese as my youngest son adores her.

My sealpoint siamese will either stay with them or be adopted throughsiamese rescue (no problem there she is a sweetheart).

My yellow boy Zeus will be going to South Dakota...someone through siamese internet cat club has offered to take on the Little Fella.

I have recently typed this all out (with financial arrangements for all) had it notarized and given a copy to everyone. My husband and I are going away for a week this summer (our son staying with my parents) and I just HAD to be sure that everyone would be taken care of before we leave.

It is important to get this stuff taken care of.

3. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

if i die before my pets die im going to pre pay some goon to come and terrorise my family if they give away my pets or dont give away my organs. haha! on a more serious note, i should really set up a will. id hate to think what would happen to my pets if i didnt make it clear that i wanted them to stay with my partner or go to my family.

4. Nik

Nik New Member

"pre-pay some goon" :lol: too funny!

I've never thought about this I have to admit.

5. Rene

Rene New Member

I actually have been thinking about this myself since my mom has gotten sick and is going to move in with me. We have nothing in writing yet but once her house sells and she gets setteled with me we will have someone come out and do our will's. But i know my kids will take my pets they love them as much as i do. My daugther keeps telling me she is going to take Jasmine with her to collage. She is the oldest right now she is 17 and my son is 12 and her and I have talked about the WHAT IF hopefully it will be a long long time i'm 39 but i know anything can happen. She will have to take care of her little brother and my 2 cats, 2 dogs and my sons bird. (poor girl) but she would have help from the rest of my family memebers. It is something that every one hates talking about but you are right it has to be done.

Hopefully both my kids will be old when that happens then they will probley fight over who gets what pet. lol

Rene

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

2pyrs, glad to hear you are getting better. I know the situation, my dad had to go thru an emergency quad bypass in Dec and the hospital and I lived i another state and had to bring their dog home for awhile while he was in theospital and recuperated. I haveen thought of doing something

I really need to sit down and put something together. When we traveled out of theountry last year I thought for sure we were going to die in a plane crash because I was stupidenough to book my flight on 9/11, so I wrote up a temporary will. And discussing this again - it has to be done

honeybear

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

If anything should happen to me then my parents will be taking care of my pets and if anything should happen to them then my cousin has agreed to take in Rocky (her dad absolutely adores him), my neighbor gets my budgies (because she bred 2 of them) and my fish go to my uncle.

I also have an agreement with my uncle who has a very serious heart problem that if anything happens to him or my aunt that I get their dog because besides them I'm the only person hegets along with.