1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best (cheapes) type of bedding?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by meghan_m_25, Oct 21, 2005.

1. meghan_m_25

meghan_m_25 New Member

The shavings aren't helping his breathing any so what else can i get? his breathing is getting more raspy. hes still not eating or drinking anything i can do for that without stressing him out?

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

As far as bedding goes I've used Carefresh in my hamster cages, but I've found it's not really economical for my rabbits cage that I'm cleaning quite often.

If he has a resparatory problem you'll want to stay away from bedding with a lot of dust and aromatic oils (no pine or cedar bedding, although you'll want to avoid these all together).

You could try:

- Yesterday's News (the brand for cats is generally cheaper than the one for small animals),

-Fresh Timothy Hay

-Cell-Sorb Plus bedding

-Kaytee Soft Sorbent bedding

3. meghan_m_25

meghan_m_25 New Member

They vets just told us now to try Aspen ? That's shavings right? would it be good

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I use aspen with my rabbit. I haven't found it to be that dusty for me (usually with wood shaving they irritate my allergies) so it may be ok for your guinea pig.

5. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

you may be able to use a dust free Corn Cob Bedding. I use it around my ferrets litterbox for their "little accidents" and I'm really happy with it.

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Corn cob bedding it good too, I 've tried it in my rabbits litter box but he seemed to like the taste of it and eating it can also lead to blockages so I had to stop using it. It's also more prone to growing mold than other beddings.